Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Power CUer
    You did not; the existence of the thread suggests that it matters.

I think DU thought it mattered. I also think McCain's minister said too much.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Either way, is it a requirement for the presidency of the United States? I can't find that anywhere.
    No, but I'm pretty sure you have to be circumcised.:D
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

In my church - Baptist, no less - if you're not baptized as an adult, the worst thing that can happen to you is that you can't be a full member of the church. You can still attend church, participate in activities, sing, pray, etc. You just can't get on the member roll.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    No, but I'm pretty sure you have to be circumcised.:D
    Have we had a circumcised president? That would be an awesome milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Have we had a circumcised president? That would be an awesome milestone.
    I'm sure it's a matter of vital importance to somebody out there.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

Goldwater
    I'm sure it's a matter of vital importance to somebody out there.
    The vital Jew and Muslim voting bloc would be united for such an achievement!

It is by Grace you are saved.
    Duh.....

Your denomination may or may not have various views on "baptism" (mine does) but the only important feature is that you are baptized in the Lord. How that happens physically is up to God and circumstance. But only by grace can this monumental gift be received at all. The picayune details are something for liturgists to work out - the reality of it is between you and the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Duh.....

Your denomination may or may not have various views on "baptism" (mine does) but the only important feature is that you are baptized in the Lord. How that happens physically is up to God and circumstance. But only by grace can this monumental gift be received at all. The picayune details are something for liturgists to work out - the reality of it is between you and the Lord.
    We Baptists do have a denominational position on baptism. John McCain identifies himself as a Baptist and I simply stated the Baptist denominational statement of belief, and that is water baptism is not essential for salvation.

Some people, not you, don't agree and that's OK. They aren't Baptists. The Baptist Faith and Message is clear for Baptists and they can also reference Abstract of Systematic Theology Chapter 32 (Regeneration and Conversion) written by James P. Boyce, the first President of the Southern Baptist Convention.

Baptists believe when we are born-again we are "baptized," that is "immersed," in the Holy Spirit. This is what is required to see the Kingdom of God and that is what makes the statements at DU so ridiculous.

We know that not all denominations believe that we are saved by Grace ALONE.

McCain Is Not Baptized--That Will Have Them Shitting in the Pews!
    ATTENTION DIMORONS!

If by "them" you mean people of the Christian faith and belief system, you are once again wrong. It must be so disheartening to be wrong on almost every thought or idea that your fevered brains conjure. If it comes down to an unbaptised Christian who has a real faith or a politically expediant converted Christian who attends a "God D--- America" church, I'll take the former.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand