1. #1 Why isn't there a list of websites that moderators will lock? Why do I have to ask a 
    DU's famous freedom of speech!
    arendt (1000+ posts) J
    Original message
    Why isn't there a list of websites that moderators will lock? Why do I have to ask a mod?

Edited on Sun Aug-17-08 09:50 PM by arendt
    From the DU rules:
    Restrictions on Linking to Other Websites

Do not post messages that give publicity to websites that have little purpose other than to smear, disrupt, or complain about Democratic Underground. Currently there are only three websites that fall into this category. Their addresses are not listed here because we do not wish to give them publicity. They are easily identified by their bizarre obsession with Democratic Underground.

Do not quote or link to bigoted websites, or websites that republish content from bigoted websites. While many of these websites are easily identifiable, some are less obvious at first glance. Please be aware that even some anti-Bush websites also include bigoted content and are therefore not welcome here.

Do not quote or link to "conspiracy theory" websites, except in our September 11 forum, which is the only forum on Democratic Underground where we permit members to debate highly speculative conspiracy theories. A reasonable person should be able to identify a conspiracy theory website without much difficulty.

Members are permitted to link to highly partisan conservative websites, provided that they are doing so in the proper context.

If you would like to know if a particular website is restricted, please contact an administrator.

If the moderators use a list, why not just publish it? It would save them time.

If the moderators make judgment calls, I would like to know their critieria?

Why all this vagueness; "bigoted" means what, exactly? How is that different from "highly partisan"? Who decides when a website is "conspiracy theory"?

Why do I have to ask all these questions anyhow?
    flvegan Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Response to Original message
    3. This might be fun.

Doesn't pretty much any website that's aware of the Dump make fun of them ? DU has made the Internet off limits :eek:
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Doesn't pretty much any website that's aware of the Dump make fun of them ? DU has made the Internet off limits :eek:
    But they think they're WONDERFUL!!

maddezmom DU Moderator Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Response to Original message
    8. locking

Please contact admin if you have questions.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/contact.html

If the moderators use a list, why not just publish it? It would save them time.

If the moderators make judgment calls, I would like to know their critieria?

Why all this vagueness; "bigoted" means what, exactly? How is that different from "highly partisan"? Who decides when a website is "conspiracy theory"?

Why do I have to ask all these questions anyhow?
    Because if a list was made up, they wouldn't be able to change everything on their whims and the breeze, the way everything else there seems to function.

If you knew the criteria, you would be able to argue it.

Bigoted means anything the DUmp doesn't like today, and anything that doesn't suggest the BushCo and the evil rethugicans are solely responsible for all the pain and suffering in the world is a conspiracy theory.

You must ask these questions as a test to your hive mind. If you dare question the almighty, all knowing admins, they know you have independent thought and are deserving of a granite hat.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Do not post messages that give publicity to websites that have little purpose other than to smear, disrupt, or complain about Democratic Underground.
    I don't see where CU fits in. All we do is mock their stupdity and expose their hatred of Ameirca.

Make up an accout at DU and ask privately in a private message to management.
    See if you get a response with any kind of list.
    You'll be new, so perhaps they'll let you know.

I went there to troll once. I made it to 16 posts before getting banned.
    It was fun. (Yes, I can be evil! :p )