Thread: NFL Week 2

Hybrid View

1. #1 NFL Week 2 
    Any thoughts and predictions for week 2? For me, Houston at Washington is really intriguing as 2 former Denver coaches will be squaring off against each other. Having said that, Gary Kubiak can kind of guess Mike Shanahan's plan and vice versa. Regardless, I predict Houston over Washington.

For my second pick, I'm surprised to see that Cleveland is actually favored over Kansas City. The way Kansas City played against the Chargers is good enough for me to pick them over Cleveland.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PC Guy View Post
    Any thoughts and predictions for week 2? For me, Houston at Washington is really intriguing as 2 former Denver coaches will be squaring off against each other. Having said that, Gary Kubiak can kind of guess Mike Shanahan's plan and vice versa. Regardless, I predict Houston over Washington.

For my second pick, I'm surprised to see that Cleveland is actually favored over Kansas City. The way Kansas City played against the Chargers is good enough for me to pick them over Cleveland.

If that was the real KC, you are correct.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

I predict the Lions will lose.

Only because they're playing the Eagles CS. Not because they suck or anything.

And hey, for 3 seconds it looked like you almost won one last week.

I also predict the Cowboys will lose because everyone should hate the Cowboys.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Steelers will lose to the Titans. Falcons will beat the Cardinals.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I predict the Lions will lose.

Only because they're playing the Eagles CS. Not because they suck or anything.

And hey, for 3 seconds it looked like you almost won one last week.

I also predict the Cowboys will lose because everyone should hate the Cowboys.
    Explain to me why I like you again???

I don't think the Eagles are as good as many seem to think, and I also don't think the Lions are as bad as some people think.

What that translates to tomorrow, I don't know, but I would not be surprised if the Lions pull an upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I don't think the Eagles are as good as many seem to think
    They're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking
    What that translates to tomorrow, I don't know, but I would not be surprised if the Lions pull an upset.
    Me neither.

PS - It's just too easy to pick on a Lions fan. Must be brutal being one. :D

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    They're not.Me neither.

PS - It's just too easy to pick on a Lions fan. Must be brutal being one. :D

It certainly has been since Barry Sanders left.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Explain to me why I like you again???

I don't think the Eagles are as good as many seem to think, and I also don't think the Lions are as bad as some people think.

Not without Stafford. Hill sucks plain and simple and that's the trump card.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Not without Stafford. Hill sucks plain and simple and that's the trump card.
    I didn't know Matthew was out. :(

Crap.

I watched him at Georgia and rooted for him last year too.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Some real intriguing matchups:

Balt @ Cincy-Balt coming off of a low scoring win and Cincy coming off a high scoring loss. Balt has the defensive edge here and Cincy the offensive edge. Cincy's defense isn't all that bad but Balt's defense is that good. I see a relatively high scoring game here(24-21 type). I think defense takes the field in this one and Baltimore wins it.

Pit @ Tenn-Another interesting matchup. Most are picking Tennessee in this one and I agree, however, it can go either way as Pittsburgh's defense is still pretty damned good as they showed last week shutting down a pretty good Atlanta offense.

Philly @ Detroit-Interesting only because it's the dog killer's first start in 4 years.

Seattle @ Denver-Everyone is picking Denver here but I dunno. Seattle looked awful good against a real good defense last week. This one will be closer than most think.

STL @ Oakland-According to the 'experts' at ESPN, it's unanimous that Oakland should win. I actually see STL coming away with a win here.

JAX @ SD-Another unanimous choice picking SD but they looked plum awful last week. Their offense is in disarray with no go to receiver and their defense is banged up. Don't be surprised to see JAX steal this one.

And now for the marquee matchups:

NYG @ Indy-Brother vs Brother and this ain't no cookie licking contest. Unfortunately for Eli, Payton is pissed off for losing in week 1. I really see Indy destroying Big Blue this week.

NO @ SF-This one I'm looking forward to. NO will kill SF with relative ease. SF is the most overrated team coming into the season. They were annointed as NFCW champs before a snap in pre-season because for some reason the 'experts' believe Alex Smith to be a good QB. He is average at best. #3 in his conference at best behind Hasselbeck and Bradford. I'd even put Anderson ahead of him because at least Anderson has had one really good season under his belt.

As for my Cards, can we beat Atlanta in Atlanta? Sure. Will we? Not so sure. Even though we had a good road record last year, it's still an east coast early game and we are abysmal in these situations. We can hang but I just don't see us winning in the GA dome.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.