Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Musharraf says he will resign Pakistan presidency 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    (CNN) -- Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf announced his resignation Monday after weeks of pressure to relinquish power.

Musharraf told the nation in a televised address that he would step down -- nearly nine years after he seized power in a bloodless coup in 1999.

"I don't want the people of Pakistan to slide deeper and deeper into uncertainty," Musharraf said.

"For the interest of the nation, I have decided to resign as president," he said. "I am not asking for anything. I will let the people of Pakistan decide my future." Watch Musharraf resign »

Musharraf has been a keen ally of the West in the fight on terror, receiving billions in military aid from the U.S. and launching attacks on militant groups near the country's border with Afghanistan.

LINKY
    May the FORCE be with you!

Sonnabend
    He had little choice.And smart money says he had something to do with Bhutto's death.

That's a guess, but I'd say it's a good possibility.

Another puppet that walked away from his strings - too far afield. We’ll just plug another one in and OBL will continue to vacation in Pakistan’s western mountains. These folks are about as incorruptible as the Tijuana police chief, and did you ever notice - they buy their uniforms from the same supplier?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Another puppet that walked away from his strings - too far afield. We’ll just plug another one in and OBL will continue to vacation in Pakistan’s western mountains. These folks are about as incorruptible as the Tijuana police chief, and did you ever notice - they buy their uniforms from the same supplier?
    I'm not quite as comfortable with this as you are. How do we know the Islamofacists that are the majority of their country won't install one of their own now, maybe old OBL himself, if he's even alive. I think it's quite possible the nutcases may gain control of the government and with that, the nukes.

Unless these same nut-cases are going to carry these devices on their backs, or somehow conjure up an ICBM over night, they’re no threat to North America. The Indians might have a differing perspective, however.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    Unless these same nut-cases are going to carry these devices on their backs, or somehow conjure up an ICBM over night, they’re no threat to North America
    Y'know LP, I'm not a defence contractor, or a soldier...but I am intelligent enough to know that you don't need a fucking missile system to deliver a nuclear warhead.

Here's three.

1. Tanker, San Diego Harbour, BOOM.
    2. Airliner (fake or with passengers), New York , BOOM.
    3. Jet fighter / bomber, ground fused, kamikaze, BOOM.

You were saying?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Unless these same nut-cases are going to carry these devices on their backs, or somehow conjure up an ICBM over night, they’re no threat to North America. The Indians might have a differing perspective, however.
    Hannity had a weapons expert on last night that showed what a small nuke bomb that could be loaded in a van looked like (approx. 8' l x 1.5' w) that would kill several hundred thousand people and could wipe out the White House from a half a mile away. Pretty scary.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 08-18-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Y'know LP, I'm not a defence contractor, or a soldier...but I am intelligent enough to know that you don't need a fucking missile system to deliver a nuclear warhead.

Here's three.

1. Tanker, San Diego Harbour, BOOM.
    2. Airliner (fake or with passengers), New York , BOOM.
    3. Jet fighter / bomber, ground fused, kamikaze, BOOM.

You were saying?
    Because a giant ship with no manifest wont be recognized pulling into any major U.S. city... right. Same goes for airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    You were saying?
    Well, if you’re using the Israeli’s border security system as your example - just how likely would that be? Just how likely would 9/11 have been? Tard much?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Because a giant ship with no manifest wont be recognized pulling into any major U.S. city... right. Same goes for airplanes.

Who says the ship couldn't have a manifest. Planes only blow up to smithereens when hit by a missile in the movies , eyesnot. Airliner could still be intact enough for suicide bomber to detonate explosive device close enough to the ground to cause major deaths. I'm just glad I'm just one of "dem countree bumkins" living out in the boonies I hope they hit Chicago first. That is where the tallest U.S. building is now isn't it?