Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DU Pagans/Wiccans/witches, can I have a word? 
    Power CUer
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x9161696

Prophet 451
    Sun Sep-19-10 12:22 AM

Original message
    DU Pagans/Wiccans/witches, can I have a word? Updated at 12:22 AM

I've noticed several threads here rebutting Christine O'Donnell's latest lunacy. Reading through them, I notice that several of you go out of your way to explain that you aren't Satanists. Fair enough, you're not. I am though and I know there's a couple of others here as well.

Now, I'm sure it was unintentional but in your understandable urge to both explain that you aren't Satanists and explain that you don't eat babies, sacrifice animal, etc, you seem to be implying (again, accidently, I'm sure) that Satanists do do this stuff and/or that being a Satanist is something terrible. Needless to say, apart from a few teenaged posers, we don't do any of this shit either and being a Satanist isn't something to be ashamed of.

Again, I'm sure you didn't mean to give that impression but please, for those of us who actually are Satanists, could you be a little more careful with your phrasing or at least include something like "Satanists don't do this stuff either"? It would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sonnabend
    Again, I'm sure you didn't mean to give that impression but please, for those of us who actually are Satanists, could you be a little more careful with your phrasing or at least include something like "Satanists don't do this stuff either"? It would be appreciated.
    Sure.

You're batshit insane,

Will that do it?

This idiot calls O'Donnell a loon yet he is a Satanist. Um, ok.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Sure.

You're batshit insane,

Will that do it?
    Sonna, it's just a confused child of DU. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This idiot calls O'Donnell a loon yet he is a Satanist. Um, ok.

It takes one to know one?

I saw the O'Donnell tape on Real Time. She seems to be mixing up satanism and wicca. On the other hand, she is currently trying to appeal to the religious right, and most fundamentalist christians consider wicca to be satanism lite, anyways-"the Goddess is the devil in drag" is one thing I've heard said by preachers about wicca. That one tape probably won't hurt her that much, it was 13 years ago- she looked really young in the footage, like barely out of her teens.

When I was a delinquency worker, I had to deal with satanists from time to time. They generally fell into two categories-those who were serious about it, and those who were doing it to piss off their fundamentalist christian parents, or find "better" drug connections. What happens when the kids from the second group get caught up with the kids from the first group is scary, usually. It ends like those vampire kids who were involved in role-playing games, and ended up the parents of one of them (in Florida).

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It takes one to know one?

I saw the O'Donnell tape on Real Time. She seems to be mixing up satanism and wicca. On the other hand, she is currently trying to appeal to the religious right, and most fundamentalist christians consider wicca to be satanism lite, anyways-"the Goddess is the devil in drag" is one thing I've heard said by preachers about wicca. That one tape probably won't hurt her that much, it was 13 years ago- she looked really young in the footage, like barely out of her teens.

When I was a delinquency worker, I had to deal with satanists from time to time. They generally fell into two categories-those who were serious about it, and those who were doing it to piss off their fundamentalist christian parents, or find "better" drug connections. What happens when the kids from the second group get caught up with the kids from the first group is scary, usually. It ends like those vampire kids who were involved in role-playing games, and ended up the parents of one of them (in Florida).
    From a Christian perspective all forms of false worship are satanic in nature. Just because a person isn't worshiping Satan specifically does not alter the fact that they are not worshiping God the Creator and thus fulfilling Satan's desires to further separate man from God.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    From a Christian perspective all forms of false worship are satanic in nature. Just because a person isn't worshiping Satan specifically does not alter the fact that they are not worshiping God the Creator and thus fulfilling Satan's desires to further separate man from God.

That sounds much more logical than "Diana is the devil in drag".:)

Come on, there is no way Christine O'Donnell is a witch. There are 3 questions that would answer the question and she would have to answer all three yes for her to actually be a witch. Those three questions are:

1: Are you made of wood?
    2: Do you weigh the same as a duck?
    3: Have you ever turned anyone into a newt, even if that person got better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Come on, there is no way Christine O'Donnell is a witch. There are 3 questions that would answer the question and she would have to answer all three yes for her to actually be a witch. Those three questions are:

1: Are you made of wood?
    2: Do you weigh the same as a duck?
    3: Have you ever turned anyone into a newt, even if that person got better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g
    Funny movie and all, but there are Wiccans and it's recognized as a religion even by our military.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington1990 View Post
    Funny movie and all, but there are Wiccans and it's recognized as a religion even by our military.
    Wow, way to kill the mood Buzz Killington. Then again, it seems to be the only thing you're good at.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf