Thread: Premature baby 'comes back to life'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The linked story does not indicate that the woman had an abortion. It indicates that she delivered prematurely. It also states it as a "miscarriage". I was wondering why the baby looked very healthy. The product of an abortion would not appear as such.

This truly is a miracle, and a wonderful one at that.

Okay ... I'm reading different things from different sources.
    I'll have to clarify my position -

IF IF IF the woman had an abortion and it was necessary to save her life .. then I have no problem with that. IF IF IF the woman had an unnecessary abortion then I definately have a problem with it.

Some sources are saying it was abortion. Some sources are saying it was a miscarriage.

The TV news and papers are carrying this and they all say different things.

I hope this clarifies my position for you all.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    The linked story does not indicate that the woman had an abortion. It indicates that she delivered prematurely. It also states it as a "miscarriage". I was wondering why the baby looked very healthy. The product of an abortion would not appear as such.

They changed the story at the link. It originally said she had an abortion, although the term miscarriage would have been more appropriate.

The child has since passed away.
    Last edited by biccat; 08-19-2008 at 03:40 PM.

When I miscarried for the third time it listed on my medical records that I spontaneously aborted instead of miscarried.

Quote Originally Posted by BEG View Post
    When I miscarried for the third time it listed on my medical records that I spontaneously aborted instead of miscarried.
    That is the "medical "Term they use for miscarriages. Although,and I'm not for sure,I think the terminology changes depending upon how far advanced the pregnancy was.

If memory serves the term used on my ex's first two misscarriages was "Biological" abortion.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

A "miscarriage" is called a spontaneous abortion. The other type is called a therapeutic abortion.

I see Zeus and LL have already cleared this up...but yes, spontaneous abortion is the correct medical term. Perhaps that is why the news coverage on this is also somewhat contradictory. They may be looking at the medical findings and see "abortion". We think of abortion as the elective procedure, rather than the medical condition of a miscarriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    That is the "medical "Term they use for miscarriages. Although,and I'm not for sure,I think the terminology changes depending upon how far advanced the pregnancy was.

If memory serves the term used on my ex's first two misscarriages was "Biological" abortion.
    That's so sad. I'm truly sorry for your losses. I could only imagine such a loss. Last year, my wife and I offered to adopt a child of a girl that had already scheduled an abortion. She was the teen sister of my wife's coworker. The roller-coaster we were on during the period of her family and us trying to convice her to cancel and let us adopt the baby was too much for me--especially when she decided to go through with it anyway. The closest analogy for the way that we felt was as if my wife told me she was expecting and then miscarried. I know that it's not the same but, it was rough on us.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    They changed the story at the link. It originally said she had an abortion, although the term miscarriage would have been more appropriate.

The child has since passed away.
    I thought that they probably had, as the OP seemed to have quoted directly from the story. It appears that there was definitely some misinformation, or at least information applied incorrectly, in the initial story.

I see Zeus and LL have already cleared this up...but yes, spontaneous abortion is the correct medical term. Perhaps that is why the news coverage on this is also somewhat contradictory. They may be looking at the medical findings and see "abortion". We think of abortion as the elective procedure, rather than the medical condition of a miscarriage.
    ETA: I apologize for not offering my sympathies to you on your miscarriages. I can only imagine how difficult that must have been.