Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    ETA: I apologize for not offering my sympathies to you on your miscarriages. I can only imagine how difficult that must have been.
    Thanks Philly, I still think of them from time to time. I like to think of each of them as my middle daughter Lauren determined to get here and just kept trying until she finally did.

These miscarriages were all approximately a year apart with the first one back in early 1991. I think the third one was the most traumatic because I had the miscarriage at home (the first one was very early (like 6 weeks) and the 2nd I almost bled to death so I had to go to the hospital). The doctor told me to bring in "all the products of conception" that I had passed (in a Tupperware container no less) to make sure I had passed everything. Then they made ME dispose of it, they friggen sent me home with the Tupperware container with the 13 weeks worth of my "products of conception" . I was at the doctors office all by myself because my husband had to work (he had no option not to work that day).

It literally traumatized me, I freaked out and they made me leave through the back door because I was making such a commotion. When I got home I put it in the fridge, not knowing what in the hell to do with it and when my husband got home he disposed of it. He never told me what he did with it, still to this day I don't know what he did with it.

I don't understand why they could not dispose of the "product of conception" as they called it. It seriously had me screwed up for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by BEG View Post
    Thanks Philly, I still think of them from time to time. I like to think of each of them as my middle daughter Lauren determined to get here and just kept trying until she finally did.

These miscarriages were all approximately a year apart with the first one back in early 1991. I think the third one was the most traumatic because I had the miscarriage at home (the first one was very early (like 6 weeks) and the 2nd I almost bled to death so I had to go to the hospital). The doctor told me to bring in "all the products of conception" that I had passed (in a Tupperware container no less) to make sure I had passed everything. Then they made ME dispose of it, they friggen sent me home with the Tupperware container with the 13 weeks worth of my "products of conception" . I was at the doctors office all by myself because my husband had to work (he had no option not to work that day).

It literally traumatized me, I freaked out and they made me leave through the back door because I was making such a commotion. When I got home I put it in the fridge, not knowing what in the hell to do with it and when my husband got home he disposed of it. He never told me what he did with it, still to this day I don't know what he did with it.

I don't understand why they could not dispose of the "product of conception" as they called it. It seriously had me screwed up for quite some time.
    That's even more sad. I'm glad that you and your family are doing well now. Few things make me tear up and/or become violently angry but, your experience ranks up there for sure. That medical group were just plain wrong in how they handled your situation. I'm usually a very mellow person. If my wife had such an experience and the medical group handled her like that, I probably would have come totally unglued. When my family is violated, it's hard to hold back such instincts. Again, I'm glad that you and your family seem to be doing well now.

Wow, this is an extremely depressing thread.

I'm sorry for everyone who lost a child. And BEG, I would punch your doctor in the face.

My mom was sick when she was pregnant with me, and doctors told her to abort me. I'm glad she didn't. Also she lost her second child (daughter named kelly) becuase she had a hole in her heart. I just always figure, she's my older sister who died before I was born.

I think I like her more than my other two sisters, becuase she never sat on me when I was little, and doesn't bug me, now that we are older.

Oh well, one day.

______
    Patrick
    4jacks
    4jacks@gmail.com

Banned
    Damn... poor kid. Talk about unlucky... he almost got to skip the hard part and go straight to the eternal bliss of paradise.
    Last edited by wilbur; 08-23-2008 at 12:48 AM.