Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Allow me to introduce the author of the piece, Deroy Murdock.
    And?

    And it isn't whites who are being victimized,
    Then why the juxtapostion with the rural black scenario? Why is race brought into the mix at all? Wouldn't any rural area satisfy his point? Or urban area for that matter?

    And to show how effective his race baiting was, I think the wholly manufactured New Black Panther Party Boogen was introduced by someone.

    Three cheers!

    it's Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines, who are deployed to a combat zone, and who are sworn to fight for the rights guaranteed in our Constitution, including the right to vote.
    If he has that as a point, then rural blacks need not enter the discussion. He chose his own rhetorical flair and guess what, I can dismiss that for what it is.

    Or don't we deserve that right?
    Yes. Even those serving that are rural blacks.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,072
    Straw man, and you know it. You've always struck me as being to smart to pull stupid stunts like this.

    Answer this. Do you think his statement is wrong?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    And?
    If he has that as a point, then rural blacks need not enter the discussion. He chose his own rhetorical flair and guess what, I can dismiss that for what it is.

    Yes. Even those serving that are rural blacks.
    He lines up, The snap,
    The Kick,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,



    Misses WIDE LEFT- Again!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    And?
    You're playing the race card, but you're shuffling from the wrong deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Then why the juxtapostion with the rural black scenario? Why is race brought into the mix at all? Wouldn't any rural area satisfy his point? Or urban area for that matter?
    He was making the point that liberals, like yourself, would be outraged, if the federal government acted to deliberately disenfranchise a minority. He picked rural blacks because he is black, and because he knew that it would resonate with liberals. It did. So much so that you felt the need to sputter about race-bating instead of dealing with the issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    And to show how effective his race baiting was, I think the wholly manufactured New Black Panther Party Boogen was introduced by someone.

    Three cheers!
    You consider the DOJ's refusal to prosecute a group of armed thugs who blocked access to a polling station due to racist animus to be a manufactured controversy? Just who manufactured that? Acme Racial Incidents Fabrication, Inc.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    If he has that as a point, then rural blacks need not enter the discussion. He chose his own rhetorical flair and guess what, I can dismiss that for what it is.
    And what it is is an accurate analogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Yes. Even those serving that are rural blacks.
    Oh, thank you kind sir, for your consideration. Allow me to touch my forelock as I bow my way out of the room.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You're playing the race card, but you're shuffling from the wrong deck.
    The race card was played by the author of the piece in an attempt to appeal to his target audience.

    He was making the point that liberals, like yourself, would be outraged, if the federal government acted to deliberately disenfranchise a minority. He picked rural blacks because he is black, and because he knew that it would resonate with liberals.
    It appears he was successful.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    And?



    Then why the juxtapostion with the rural black scenario? Why is race brought into the mix at all? Wouldn't any rural area satisfy his point? Or urban area for that matter?

    And to show how effective his race baiting was, I think the wholly manufactured New Black Panther Party Boogen was introduced by someone.

    Three cheers!



    If he has that as a point, then rural blacks need not enter the discussion. He chose his own rhetorical flair and guess what, I can dismiss that for what it is.



    Yes. Even those serving that are rural blacks.

    That whole forest and trees thing is a problem for you isn't it?

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The race card was played by the author of the piece in an attempt to appeal to his target audience.
    But, he wasn't playing the race card. He pointed out a situation which would cause outrage if it were perpetrated against an ethnic or religious minority, and to make the point, he created a hypothetical. If this were happening to this group, it would be an outrage among liberals. Because it is happening to another group, it's okay with liberals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    It appears he was successful.
    Apparently so. You've completely blown off the substance of the article to fixate on the hypothetical in the first paragraph. Did you read any further than this, or did you decide that you could stop there and then try to turn this into a race-baiting issue instead of an issue regarding the deliberate disenfranchisement of military personnel? I realize that you're more comfortable calling people racists than you are discussing substantive issues, but you really do need to move past it, as the left's promiscuous use of racism as an attack has rendered it all but meaningless, and therefore ineffectual.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,238
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    You've always struck me as being too smart to pull stupid stunts like this.
    To quote Adam Savage from the Mythbusters...."Well, there's your problem."
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,870
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    He lines up, The snap,
    The Kick,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,



    Misses WIDE LEFT- Again!
    I think A-Dub needs to change his name to Neil Rackers.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    fixed.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •