Gasp!! Someone thinking outside the hive! He must be stopped! Logic is not allowed on DU! :eek:

Donald Ian Rankin (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-16-08 06:27 PM
Original message
A wake up call: the Republicans *did not want* this Russian invasion of Georgia.Advertisements [?]It's happening in despite of their wishes, not because of them, and the allegations that they somehow deliberately engineered it for some reason would be laughable if so many people weren't apparently taking them seriously.

The Republicans believe in American military power, they support American economic interests, they regard increased Russian influence as a bad thing, and they don't want to see a return to the Cold War. For all those reasons, this is the last thing they want.

Don't assume that everything bad is Bush's fault.
But, but, everything is ChimpyMcBushHitler's fault!!!

The Traveler (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-16-08 06:32 PM
Response to Original message
1. But it is Bush's fault It begins with his insistence that we base ABM systems in Poland. WTF? Why?

I mean, if I were one of Putin's strategic analysts I would really, really want to know why. And the hogwash about defending Paris from Iran just won't cut it.

With Nato crowding in and deploying advanced weapons that close to my borders, I would definitely want to think of some way of pushing back.

Putin is an evil mofo ... but you don't need to accept that to understand why Russia has invested heavily in military reform over the past several years, nor why they would feel the need to push back against what they obviously regard as an encroachment.
Donald Ian Rankin (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-16-08 06:52 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. You're reaching.
Your post looks very much as though you've started out by thinking "how can I justify this being Bush's fault?", and filled in a chain of consequences to support the conclusion you want to reach.
That's very seldom a good way to think.
Newsflash Donald, DUmmies don't think!

Hannah Bell (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-16-08 09:00 PM
Response to Reply #3
16. hardly. he's quite right. who upset the balance of power?
the us, every step of the way.
Occam Bandage (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-16-08 07:12 PM
Response to Original message
7. The first rule of DU: Edited on Sat Aug-16-08 07:12 PM by Occam Bandage
If something happens in the world, it happens because American right-wing politicians and/or capitalists made it happen.
The second rule of DU:
Invocation of The Shock Doctrine is always adequate justification for application of the first rule of DU.
Bwahahahahahahaha!

Silly DUmmies, logic is for those with at least 2 brain cells to rub together. :D

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3809274