1. #1 Failure to charge riles Muslims 
    Ingham prosecutor says Quran burning not a hate crime
    Oralandar Brand-Williams / The Detroit News

Detroit --Local Muslim leaders are upset prosecutors won't pursue charges against a man who burned a Quran outside an East Lansing mosque.

Stuart Dunnings III, prosecuting attorney in Ingham County, said Wednesday that authorities "didn't find there was any violation of Michigan law."

Burning a holy book, whose pages were found outside the Islamic Center of East Lansing on Sept. 11, doesn't qualify as a hate crime, Dunnings said.

"We don't have a hate crime. There was no threat of physical intimidation because (the man who burned the Quran) was the only one there at the time," Dunnings said.

The act also was protected by the First Amendment, said Dunnings, who equated it to burning a flag.

"It can also fall under drunken stupidity," he said.

The incident, which occurred on the ninth anniversary of the 2001 terror attacks, prompted worldwide condemnation and rioting in India.

A Lansing man, whose identity has not been released, told police he burned the holy book. He should face federal charges, said Dawud Walid, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations-Michigan.

"Not to prosecute this hate crime would send a terrible message to bigots that there will be no legal repercussion against those who intimidate Muslims at their houses of worship," Walid said.

Officials at the Islamic Center said that while they "had wished from the very beginning that the individual who burnt the Quran be forgiven," he has hurt a lot of people.

"While this individual may not have broken any Michigan law, he has caused tremendous grief to a lot of people both locally and beyond our community," wrote Dr. Mahmoud Mousa, president of the Islamic Society of Greater Lansing.

He said the mosque has a "Learn, Don't Burn" campaign that gives away Qurans free to promote understanding.

"We should all promote a message of mutual respect and tolerance. If anything, this incident has strengthened the will and determination of our communities to live together in peace and harmony," Mousa said.

"We hope this will be the message that the rest of the world learns from this unfortunate incident," he said.

"We wish that no race, religion or community would undergo the pain that we underwent."

bwilliams@detnews.com (313) 222-2027
    From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100923/...#ixzz10NvyKCG5
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Just as an exercise, I decided to compile a list of things that don't rile Muslims (see below).

1. Arranged marriages
    2. Honor killings
    3. Bible and flag burnings
    4. Car bombs
    5. Human bombs
    6. Cartoons that lampoon Jews and/or the Holocaust
    7. Fatwas demanding the death of non-Muslim writers, cartoonists, etc.
    8. Stonings
    9. Beheadings
    10. Floggings
    11. Buildings and lives in non-Muslim countries being destroyed by other Muslims.
    12. Female circumcision
    13. The destruction of Israel
    14. The subjugation of women
    15. Barack Obama

Did I miss anything?
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Banned
    If they do not like our laws here, they can take their camel jockey ass back to the fatherland.

"We wish that no race, religion or community would undergo the pain that we underwent."
    BULLSHIT!

that is all.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Just as an exercise, I decided to compile a list of things that don't rile Muslims (see below).

1. Arranged marriages
    2. Honor killings
    4. Car bombs
    5. Human bombs
    8. Stonings
    9. Beheadings
    10. Floggings
    11. Buildings and lives in non-Muslim countries being destroyed by other Muslims.
    12. Female circumcision
    15. Barack Obama

Did I miss anything?
    Not only do those things not rile them, they actually enjoy them. We go to the movies for entertainment and they take in the lastest beheading, flogging or stoning.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

They day you burn a book and go to jail over it is the day liberty dies.
    Last edited by Bailey; 09-24-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Not only do those things not rile them, they actually enjoy them. We go to the movies for entertainment and they take in the lastest beheading, flogging or stoning.
    Notice that only Muslims danced in the streets on 9/11. It was entertaining. That's why they film the beheadings. They want to attract the kind of recruit who gets off on beheading helpless captives, who enjoys watching people die in bloody agony.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post

1. Arranged marriages
    2. Honor killings
    4. Car bombs
    5. Human bombs
    8. Stonings
    9. Beheadings
    10. Floggings
    12. Female circumcision
    15. Barack Obama

Did I miss anything?
    Leftism in general. It could replace #15.