1. #1 Interesting animation: global capitalism, charity, failure of 20th century communism 
    and even some cracking on George Soros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpAMbpQ8J7g

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

Communism doesn't work, nor will it, nor should it. You believe in Darwin? I do.

If you look at the world in a Darwinian way, Capitalism is human nature at work.

Also, I ask you commies to stop stealing Robin Hood. Robin Hood is a cool literary hero who doesn't force people into re-education camps and force a governmental communism. He's a guy who's fighting against a very corrupt feudal system. Do not equate him with Stalin. Stalin has 70 million deaths to his name.

/Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Communism doesn't work, nor will it, nor should it. You believe in Darwin? I do.

If you look at the world in a Darwinian way, Capitalism is human nature at work.

Also, I ask you commies to stop stealing Robin Hood. Robin Hood is a cool literary hero who doesn't force people into re-education camps and force a governmental communism. He's a guy who's fighting against a very corrupt feudal system. Do not equate him with Stalin. Stalin has 70 million deaths to his name.

/Thread.
    Good post.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Robin Hood ALSO stole from the GOVERNMENT and Govt. cronies.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

He makes a good argument against social charity bundled with economic and political policy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Good post.
    Thanks. The guy who did this cute little animation is a critical theorist, and is in his own words, a communist and radical leftist--His own terms for himself.
    In case you're not aware, critical theory, which this guy, the animator, specializes in--It's purpose was to instigate communism through critiquing and undermining the culture--as per it's name, critical theory. Criticizing the culture and offering theoretical alternatives. Basically, the idea was if they couldn't bring on communism through force, they would bring it on by transforming the culture within, making it more comfortable to a communistic way of life--If it begins simply socially or culturally. Look up the Frankfurt School.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Robin Hood ALSO stole from the GOVERNMENT and Govt. cronies.
    Exactly, those who were stealing from the people. He was also fighting from corrupt people who perverting good institutions--For example the Corrupt abbots and priests. He's not a communist, more a vigilante hero. Communists see themselves as vigilante heroes, but feel this ''heroism'' should be FORCED on the populace as a whole. They feel THEY should become the government because THEY know better. Communism leads to a form of Oligarthy, which is simply a deviated form of feudalism. It all in the end leads to slavery, literal or economic.

To equate the literary Robin Hood with Marx is incorrect. One supported slavery, the other fought against it.
    Last edited by CaughtintheMiddle1990; 09-25-2010 at 01:10 PM.

The Marxist strikes again...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

Since no form of capitalism has ever occured without some sort of state intervention, then this belief is pure shat.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor