Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Yep because when the entire campus is on lock down and SWAT arrives with an APC and dozens of police are sweeping the area with what look like automatic rifles, what is best to aid in the process of reducing casualities and clearing the area of all threats - is a wild west style shooting spree with 150 rednecks scared shitless and firing their gun at whatever they believe are possible threats to themselves.
    More liberal left wing bull shit coming out of your stupid mouth. Pussies like you are pathetic.

In real life, unless you have special training (and sometimes especially then, if you're dealing with something like undiagnosed PTSD) , most people panic at the site of violence, guns, and a disruption of the social order. People panic and run, hide, or try to fight. Most people don't fight because they cannot, but if they were able to, t hey would. The problem is that panicked people are not rational people, they make mistakes, they may not shoot well, they may exacerbate the problem more easily that they may solve it. The police were ready to shoot anyone they saw with a firearm when this happened, having a bunch of people with concealed guns is not going to make any process of solving the problem easier, only harder. You end up with dozens of suspects, the police need to bring even greater degrees of force in case of the unpredictable happening with dozens of armed subjects, it's chaos.

Maybe this would have worked in the wild west, maybe even in modern rural areas, but in high population density areas, trained police who can be held accountable for their actions need to be the ones with the weapons, not any John Deer Smith who knows how to Get R Done when hog hunting every saturday.
    In your little fantasy world of gumdrops and unicorns firearms are not needed. In the real world, not so much. You most likely piss your pants at the site of a firearm. If CCW were allowed on college campuses, I can guarantee you that even these incidents of suicide would go away. As to your little retort of wild west bullshit, there is ZERO evidence that this would happen. Your kind also said that when the assault weapons ban sunsetted, that the streets would run red with blood. That hasn't happened. Folks who have a CCW take that responsibility seriously. They don't go out of their way looking for trouble. BTW, I had my gun on me everywhere I went while I was in Austin a couple of weeks back.

Sonnabend
    In real life, unless you have special training (and sometimes especially then, if you're dealing with something like undiagnosed PTSD) , most people panic at the site of violence, guns, and a disruption of the social order.
    No, they don.t and seeing as you have never been in any emergency situation, you don't know. I come from a family of cops. I DO know.

People panic and run, hide, or try to fight. Most people don't fight because they cannot, but if they were able to, they would.
    Especially if they have a locked and loaded firearm with which to protect themselves.

Maybe this would have worked in the wild west, maybe even in modern rural areas, but in high population density areas, trained police who can be held accountable for their actions need to be the ones with the weapons, not any John Deer Smith who knows how to Get R Done when hog hunting every saturday.
    You are an IDIOT.

Right now? Comparing me to a cop? I am a better shot and practise more with my weapon in a month than a cop does in a YEAR.

They have maybe half a day training per year, they spend very little if any time at the range, and when they train, they use COMPUTER SIMULATIONS for Gods sakes.

Called "simunition". They train using computer simulations. No Hogan's alley. No "shoot or dont shoot" with real ammo. The cops here are AFRAID of their firearms.

Quite frankly, I'd feel safer with a friend who has CCW, and can field strip, clean, and maintain his weapon and can hit what he fucking well aims at, rather than a cop who doesnt put that gun in his hand except for training days. I am expected to trust THEM with MY life when I am more proficient in firearms handling and marksmanship than they are?

Get REAL.

UT rules. we both rule.
    Well....you're half right. ;)

Strongly disagree with you on the civilians being armed.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    When I was in college at the University of North Florida there was a shooting on campus while I was between classes.

It turned out to be a domestic thing and this was before columbine and similar events. I remember being afraid and, for a few minutes, looking for a place of refuge. The shooting was about 100 yards from where I was, in another building, but it was disturbing. One student was killed.

It troubled me. Still does.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    When I was in college at the University of North Florida there was a shooting on campus while I was between classes.

It turned out to be a domestic thing and this was before columbine and similar events. I remember being afraid and, for a few minutes, looking for a place of refuge. The shooting was about 100 yards from where I was, in another building, but it was disturbing. One student was killed.

It troubled me. Still does.
    Exactly why I refuse to be a victim. I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Ever wonder why you never hear about mass shootings at gun ranges?
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson