1. #1 $39 putter helps Jim Furyk win millions, FedEx Cup Title 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Golf can be an expensive game. But the putter that netted Jim Furyk an $11.35 million payday Sunday at the Tour Championship cost him a whopping $39 at a discount golf shop near Boston.

Furyk picked up the used "Yes! Sophia" putter at Joe & Leigh's Discount Golf Pro Shop at Pine Oaks Golf Course in Easton, Mass., earlier this month. He bought it during a quiet visit to the shop after the third round of the Deutsche Bank Championship at TPC Boston in Norton, The Enterprise of Brockton first reported.

That same putter was in Furyk's hands when he made a 2-foot putt for par that clinched the $1.35 million Tour Championship and another $10 million for winning the FedEx Cup.

The putter landed at the discount shop when two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning political cartoonist Paul Szep traded it in, The Boston Globe reported. Szep, who worked at the Globe from 1967 to 2001, now lives in Florida and is an avid golfer with a 7 handicap.

-snip-

"He made the putt and we got excited, and I'm sure people thought we were a little crazy that we were getting so excited over a golf tournament,'' store co-owner Leigh Bader said, according to the Globe. "[Winning $11.35 million], using 'our' putter? We were rooting for him, because he was such a nice guy when he came in. Friendly, humble, unassuming.''

Bargain Bin
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

That is amazing, and good for him. He has the craziest stroke out there. makes me look smooth!
    I started out buying a $189.00 Nickent Pipe putter and thank God I broke it. I bought an odtssey White Hot putter at 1/2 price at Sports authority and putt 10 times better!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Freakin' putters. I'm in major putter indecision right now.

I'm playing with a Ping Karsten Craz-E and I like it a lot, but a friend let me borrow his Odyssey Backstryke two ball, and I really liked that one.

And, the 2011 putters are coming out and Odyssey is supposed to have a new one called the DART that is supposed to be really hot.

I don't know what to do.

rm -rf obama*