1. #1 Married Advice Wednesday! 
    We're cooling down as the high pressure ridge starts to erode. I had to water yesterday - it was that hot!

TOTD:A while back, I ran across a little piece that asked readers to submit some thoughts on what they wished they had known about marriage in general when they first got hitched. Not what they wished they known about their specific spouse, but about the state of being married.

There were some thought-provoking submissions - many very positive and some not. What did you wish you had known? What was more important than you thought and what was less important? What common advice turned out to be wrong or right?

If you haven't been married, feel free to base your comments on what you've seen in others or experienced in a long-term relationship. ;)

Overcast and rainy. Tropical depression from yonder south draws near.

TOTD: I never realized that women's headaches could be so severe...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

People really need to accept the fact that the other person is not going to change; he/she is simply going to have the character traits that you dislike for eternity. The issue is whether or not you can accept those character traits.

Oh...and everybody gets fat and saggy...it's part of life, deal with it.

Power CUer
    I was always told that "marriage is hard work". Not if you're with the right person, it isn't.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I was always told that "marriage is hard work". Not if you're with the right person, it isn't.
    Interesting. I've also had this drilled into my brain but have not found it to be particularly true.