1. #1 Wow! That's A $&#!!% Ad! Staples Commercial Voted Worst Ad In America For 2010 
    It seems like ages ago that we first asked you to tell us which commercials were getting under your skin. And you responded by the thousands! We "took it seriously" and painstakingly whittled your suggestions down to the final nominees for our first ever Worst Ad In America Awards. And now, with more than 100 000 votes counted in our completely unscientific poll, we have a clear winner (or is it loser?) -- Staples' "Wow! That's a Low Price!" commercial.

With just over 30% of the vote, the winning ad, featuring the loudest, most enthusiastic, downright spastic Staples shopper ever, edged out Quiznos' cavalcade of costumed, singing animals (28.6%). It goes to show that the mere presence of kittens will always sway some voters.

Two early front-runners, Honda's Mr. Opportunity and Progressive Insurance's Flo campaigns, finished a distant third (18.7%) and fourth (15.5%) respectively. Meanwhile, the least ostensibly offensive ad of the bunch, State Farm's chummy, raven-haired insurance buddy, brought up the rear with only 7.1% of the vote.

See detailed results for all categories here. ...
    link

Power CUer
    That one really is obnoxious, but Staples ads are usually pretty amusing. I still remember the great one they did for back to school supplies - a happy dad pushing the cart to the tune of "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year", with his sullen children trailing behind.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    That one really is obnoxious, but Staples ads are usually pretty amusing. I still remember the great one they did for back to school supplies - a happy dad pushing the cart to the tune of "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year", with his sullen children trailing behind.

I used to love that ad.

Around here, Meijer has the best ads. They had one with a little girl taste-testing the name brand spinach, and saying "yuck". Then she tasted the Meijer spinach, and said "yuck". The ad made a "same qualilty, lower price" pitch afterwards.

I kind of liked the Michelin road-kill ad. I believe they released that one around Halloween last year.

I still hate Flo and by extension, Progressive insurance.

I love all of the Geico ads. Especially, "Does this dress make my backside look big?"
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I kind of liked the Michelin road-kill ad. I believe they released that one around Halloween last year.

I think she played the mother of a character on House this week. I still think the worst was the Quizno's cats ad.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Banned
    I usually mute ads or change stations. Too many of them.

Burger King. Stupidest commercials of all time. Bar none. This new breakfast ad of there has broken new ground of stupidity.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Of course you would. :p

Geico's ads aside(the cavemen are hilarious), I like their service. I've had them for years.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.