1. #1 Tipping at the bar 
    This article had to be from a liberal, and the test bars had to be yuppie hangouts. I know I tip better than any lib! What do you think?

drinky linky

Twin Cities bartenders working when the GOP holds its national convention in St. Paul next month should listen up: Republicans like their drinks straight up, and they arrive early for happy hour. A survey of Washington, D.C., bartenders commissioned by a leading liquor company broke down Democrats and Republicans when it comes to their drink selection and bar behavior. Here's what it found:

Who's a better tipper? Democrats 60 percent, Republicans 38 percent.

Who is more likely to order a drink straight up? Republicans 82 percent; Democrats 14 percent.

Who is more likely to order a fruity (pink) drink? Democrats 58 percent, Republicans 34 percent.

Who has the better pick-up lines? Democrats 74 percent, Republicans 14 percent.

Who is better at giving a toast? Democrats 63 percent, Republicans 36 percent.

Who is more likely to arrive first for happy hour? Republicans 50 percent, Democrats 48 percent.

Who is more likely to be the last to go home? Democrats 53 percent, Republicans 46 percent.

The survey of about 100 bartenders in the Washington area was commissioned by Beam Global Spirits & Wine Inc. (maker of Jim Beam bourbon, Canadian Club whisky and Courvoisier cognac, among others) in collaboration with Clarus Research Group.

PAUL WALSH

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Banned
    The article doesn't say how the bartenders knew who was Republican and who was Democrat. Some of the numbers make sense, some don't.

As regards to tipping, I always make it a policy to tip the bartenders at my local very well. When they come to realize the more "free" drinks they give you, the more you tip, they understand how they can divert half the cost of each drink to their own tip jar. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    The article doesn't say how the bartenders knew who was Republican and who was Democrat. Some of the numbers make sense, some don't.

As regards to tipping, I always make it a policy to tip the bartenders at my local very well. When they come to realize the more "free" drinks they give you, the more you tip, they understand how they can divert half the cost of each drink to their own tip jar. :D
    I agree with you, whenever I'm out, whether a Tiki bar on the beach or in my local watering holes, I tip big on the first order and buy good service!

Some comments:

The forgot to mention...
    That the Dems are tipping with other people's money... wonder where your welfare dollars go?

I wonder how many of these upstanding politicos will be driving while drunk and stupid back to their hotels...
    ?
    I can't wait
    for those up tight neo cons to get caught with male prostitutes in st paul after having a few straight drinks and then failing with their pick up lines at the bar. What a bunch of d-bags. Oh and limbaugh is nothing more than a deaf drug addict. He's terrible at life.

The poll should have asked
    How often does each party run up a huge bar tab they can't afford and leave it for the other to pay? Republican: 100%

Washington DC bartenders are democrats
    Big news.

Fruity drinks?
    I think that says all you need to know about which party likes to hook up with someone of their own sex.

Elmo34....
    I agree 100% with you. This is definitely up there with some of the dumbest stories ever on the tribune. Now I'm going to order a Jack on the Rocks and go back to work....

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post

Good policies on tipping there CW.

I'm surprised by the reported stats on tippinp, Not really surprised by the stats on ordering one straight up.

And for me, the best toast is "Cheers."
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Everything makes perfectly good sense except the tipping. My experience is that liberals are the cheapest bastards anywhere. My guess is that in DC they're spending our money so they tip more while tring to pick-up waitresses.
    They should learn to just wrestle them down like ole Teddy used to do.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I didn't discuss politics much with my customers. Rich people tend to tip less than the blue collar workers though. Women almost always tip less than men. Black people and English people just don't tip.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III