Hybrid View

1. #1 Beating Gator to the punch! 
    Well he got his Big green egg and I have to stand up for my gas grillin! So here is some slow cooked smoked, very juicy Boston Butt! On a gas grill!

About 6-7 lb butt
    5 or 6 cloves garlic in slivers
    Your favorite rub ( I been partial to using African Bird Pepper lately as my heat!)
    A mopping sauce.( I use Stubbs mopping sauce)
    Chunk wood, mesquite or Hickory soaked good
    Tin foil

Cut some slices all over trhe roast and stick in the garlic slivers.
    Rub all over with your spice rub and refridge overnite.
    OK! Time to Que!
    Set GAS grill for indirect cooking, for me its left burner on and the rest off, Put a water pan under grate on cool side of grill. Put soaked wood chunks wrapped in foil on flame side. When smoke starts place roast on cool side of grill. Start opening beer!

After about 5 hours, mop with mop sauce and flip roast. after 1 more hour mop with sauce and it should be around 150-160 place in tinfoil and mop liberally and seal foil and put back on grill. Keep checking temp after another hour, when 190-195 take off and let sit for 1/2 hour. Open up and shred with two forks and chow down!!!

Start with garlic slivers!

Coming out of the fridge after rubbed all nite!

Going on the GAS grill!

Coming off the GAS grill!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Heaven! Being ripped apart with two forks!!! Very tender! And it didnt take 20 hours!!! It can be done!

Buuuuurp! :D

gator
    That looks really poor. No smoke ring, no smoke. You might as well have cooked in the oven or in a crock pot. Don’t even pretend that is BBQ.

I bought ribs today. I have already seasoned them and they will be ready for the smoker after church on Sunday.

Gas grills are for emergency back up heat in case of a hurricane. They have little use beyond that.

I cooked hamburgers on the Big Green Egg and not only did they have a great smoky flavor but they were also moist and juicy. Not dried out like you would have on a gas grill.

You have a lot to learn son.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    That looks really poor. No smoke ring, no smoke. You might as well have cooked in the oven or in a crock pot. Don’t even pretend that is BBQ.

I bought ribs today. I have already seasoned them and they will be ready for the smoker after church on Sunday.

Gas grills are for emergency back up heat in case of a hurricane. They have little use beyond that.

I cooked hamburgers on the Big Green Egg and not only did they have a great smoky flavor but they were also moist and juicy. Not dried out like you would have on a gas grill.

You have a lot to learn son.
    If you can't make juicy burgers on a gas grill...you have no bidness crowing about any other way buddy :p:D Perhaps you have something to learn.
    May the FORCE be with you!

There was a smoke ring! I smoked it for a few hours but I pulled it apart, If I sliced it you woulda seen the ring! Even just from the pics you can see it was tender and juicy! I can duplicate anything you can do on my GAS grill!!:D

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    There was a smoke ring! I smoked it for a few hours but I pulled it apart, If I sliced it you woulda seen the ring! Even just from the pics you can see it was tender and juicy! I can duplicate anything you can do on my GAS grill!!:D
    That's because you're an excellent cook. You don't need the gizmos.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

gator
    You only smoke something on wood coals, not gas. Putting a few wood chips on gas grill does not smoke the meat. I guess they don't teach you those things in New York.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Pat, you don't have to justify anything. Gator can't put phone numbers into his cell phone without help (trust me, I know...) :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    If you can't make juicy burgers on a gas grill...you have no bidness crowing about any other way buddy :p:D Perhaps you have something to learn.
    I agree. After spending a few years in the resturant business I'm pretty sure I have more hours in front of a grill then most people....nothing came out dry...