Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That looks like my great aunts butt!:eek:
    I'm going to be a great aunt some day. I hate you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,328
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Actually they are made in Georgia. That is like the Georgia that is a little north of Florida.

    The only Big Green Egg products made in China are the boxes for some of their accessories.

    Absolutely no toxic materials in the construction.
    meh

    The Big Green Egg factory opened in Atlanta in 1974. Now the grills are made in Mexico, the design loosely based on the ancient Japanese Kamado cookers. Ceramic walls retain and radiate heat. "It cooks like an oven,
    http://www.boston.com/ae/food/articl...big_green_egg/


    It looks like a nice hobby & I have a back yard full of mesquite...

    The ribs do look good.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 10-04-2010 at 09:59 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    277
    Look, I'll settle this. Each of you send me a nice big helping of your best BBQ pork, and I'll taste them and let you know which is the winner! :)
    The problem in the next four years will be not just that the president of the United States serially does not tell the truth. Instead, the real crisis in our brave new relativist world will be that those who demonstrate that he is untruthful will themselves be accused of lying. - Victor Davis Hanson
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,813
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Finished product



    These ribs were very tender with a lot of juice. Very flavorful. Only amateurs cook ribs until they fall off the bone. If they fall off the bone they are overcooked. Good smoke ring and subtle hickory smoke flavor. Not too bad for the first time I used the BGE for ribs.
    They look kinda dry! You shoulda put up a pic of them cut up. Unacceptable.

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    They look kinda dry! You shoulda put up a pic of them cut up. Unacceptable.
    What part of "These ribs were very tender with a lot of juice" don't you understand?

    Very moist, don't worry about that.

    By the way I am going to experiment with the gay lifestyle this weekend. My son, DIL and granddaughter are coming over to see our new house on Sunday. We bought a new house in South Lakeland and we are giving my old house to my son getting out of the Army. The DIL doesn't like red meat all that much so I am going to fix her salmon on the Big Green Egg. I thought that if I am going to doing something that gay I might as well go whole hog and cook it on ceadar planks. It doesn't get any gayer than that does it?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    What part of "These ribs were very tender with a lot of juice" don't you understand?

    Very moist, don't worry about that.

    By the way I am going to experiment with the gay lifestyle this weekend. My son, DIL and granddaughter are coming over to see our new house on Sunday. We bought a new house in South Lakeland and we are giving my old house to my son getting out of the Army. The DIL doesn't like red meat all that much so I am going to fix her salmon on the Big Green Egg. I thought that if I am going to doing something that gay I might as well go whole hog and cook it on ceadar planks. It doesn't get any gayer than that does it?
    Put some Soy Vay Teryaki sauce on the salmon...then you'll be ready to watch Glee.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,328
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    What part of "These ribs were very tender with a lot of juice" don't you understand?

    Very moist, don't worry about that.

    By the way I am going to experiment with the gay lifestyle this weekend. My son, DIL and granddaughter are coming over to see our new house on Sunday. We bought a new house in South Lakeland and we are giving my old house to my son getting out of the Army. The DIL doesn't like red meat all that much so I am going to fix her salmon on the Big Green Egg. I thought that if I am going to doing something that gay I might as well go whole hog and cook it on ceadar planks. It doesn't get any gayer than that does it?
    LOL :D

    That's great of you to give your son the house.

    It looks like only two places in Las Vegas sell the egg. I like what I read about it & I think you have sold me on it....just buying a little 3000 square foot shack myself, I have more money going out then in but just found a way to include it in the budget. :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Put some Soy Vay Teryaki sauce on the salmon...then you'll be ready to watch Glee.
    Actually I may be able to get out of the gay meal. I am going Snook fishing tomorrow morning and If I catch a good one I think I will grill it up on the Egg. Ceadar plank Salmon is High School Musical gay. Snook is Red Dawn manly.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,813
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Actually I may be able to get out of the gay meal. I am going Snook fishing tomorrow morning and If I catch a good one I think I will grill it up on the Egg. Ceadar plank Salmon is High School Musical gay. Snook is Red Dawn manly.
    I'm tellin!:D

    You can't keep a snook!

    Allright, I would never tell, but snook are super delicious! The last one I caught to cook was at least 10 years ago!! Go Gator!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I'm tellin!:D

    You can't keep a snook!

    Allright, I would never tell, but snook are super delicious! The last one I caught to cook was at least 10 years ago!! Go Gator!
    We went out very early this morning to Cockroach Bay and no Snook so I didn't get a chance to flaunt the fish rules. However, you do understand that laws for fishing only apply to yankees, don't you? Anybody with a relative that served in the Confederate Army during the Civil War does not have to abide by fish and game laws.

    We were on the water before sunrise but all we caught were two little saltwater trout, which we threw back. There were porpoises all around us and we think that scared the fish away so we decided to come on back and try again another day.

    It looks like a gay meal of cedar plank salmon this weekend.
    Last edited by gator; 10-09-2010 at 09:15 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •