1. #1 Matt Taibbi has a new piece out in Rolling Stone. As Taibbi is a must-read... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's from Pitt. But at least he didn't write it...

WilliamPitt (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-29-10 11:37 AM
    Original message Matt Taibbi has a new piece out in Rolling Stone. As Taibbi is a must-read...

...I suggest you get to reading.
    (Where's that Rove indictment there Pitt??) :p

Tea & Crackers
    How corporate interests and Republican insiders built the Tea Party monster

By Matt Taibbi
    Rolling Stone

It's taken three trips to Kentucky, but I'm finally getting my Tea Party epiphany exactly where you'd expect: at a Sarah Palin rally. The red-hot mama of American exceptionalism has flown in to speak at something called the National Quartet Convention in Louisville, a gospel-music hoedown in a giant convention center filled with thousands of elderly white Southerners. Palin who earlier this morning held a closed-door fundraiser for Rand Paul, the Tea Party champion running for the U.S. Senate is railing against a GOP establishment that has just seen Tea Partiers oust entrenched Republican hacks in Delaware and New York. The dingbat revolution, it seems, is nigh.

"We're shaking up the good ol' boys," Palin chortles, to the best applause her aging crowd can muster. She then issues an oft-repeated warning (her speeches are usually a tired succession of half-coherent one-liners dumped on ravenous audiences like chum to sharks) to Republican insiders who underestimated the power of the Tea Party Death Star. "Buck up," she says, "or stay in the truck."

Stay in what truck? I wonder. What the hell does that even mean?

Scanning the thousands of hopped-up faces in the crowd, I am immediately struck by two things. One is that there isn't a single black person here. The other is the truly awesome quantity of medical hardware: Seemingly every third person in the place is sucking oxygen from a tank or propping their giant atrophied glutes on motorized wheelchair-scooters. As Palin launches into her Ronald Reagan impression "Government's not the solution! Government's the problem!" the person sitting next to me leans over and explains.

The rest: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/17390/210904
    Gee, another hit piece on a group they are very afraid of...
    May the FORCE be with you!

I am immediately struck by two things. One is that there isn't a single black person here. The other is the truly awesome quantity of medical hardware: Seemingly every third person in the place is sucking oxygen from a tank or propping their giant atrophied glutes on motorized wheelchair-scooters
    By what standard does the color of somebody's face validate ANY group? Maybe the hapless DUmmyRATS wold prefer that Tea Party members bought a few Blacks and brought them along?
    Now it's permissible to attack the old and infirm?

What a bunch of hateful POS!:mad:

You liberals ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

American exceptionalism
    Those two words are what they HATE!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

BrklynLiberal (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-30-10 11:41 AM
    Response to Reply #40
    42. O'Lielly Hannity, dug the hole in soil, Limpballs dropped the seeds in..Beck pee'd on it to water
    it and make it grow. Now everyone is gathering around picking the putrid fruit and claiming it as their own.
    I don't recall anyone claiming the TEA party as their own. Am I missing something?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Not to mention that O'Reilly isn't a big Tea Party proponent. Neither is Limbaugh IIRC.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

"Buck up," she says, "or stay in the truck."

Stay in what truck? I wonder. What the hell does that even mean?

It means a sitzpinkler like you should get out of the way while the work gets done.

I usually just lurk but this time I thought I would reply since that article demonstrates to what depth the Democrats and their allies in the press will sink to.

The meeting in question was the National Quartet Convention and here are a couple of articles from the Louisville Courier Journal (normally referred to as Pravda on the Ohio since they are so liberal):

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...=2010309140065

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...=2010309160061

Out of all the idiotic liberal media outlets, I consider Rolling Stone Magazine to be easily the most repulsive, for several reasons:
    1. While the other liberal media outlets at least try to keep their hatred of conservatives under control if for no other reason than because they're afraid of embarassing themselves and giving conservatives ammunition against them, Rolling Stone's writers have no such inhibitions. They gleefully sling the most blatantly vicious hatred and bile against conservatives, people who believe in God, and anyone else who dares disagree with them. I think part of this is because the other liberal media outlets have rather diverse audiences of liberals, whereas at least 94% of Rolling Stone's readers are angry, dope- addled twentysomethings who similarly openly wallow in their hatred of those who disagree with them like pigs wallowing in mud (Hence why the DUmmies love that rag so much, it was practically tailor- made for them). The magazine should be renamed "Rolling Stoners" for that reason.
    2. I've already discussed how much they sling hatred against conservatives and other good, decent people, but I'd say even more offensive is how much they blatantly glamorize bad people. I'm not just talking about far- left scumbags like Michael Moore, mind you; I'm talking criminals, terrorists, and other truly evil people. They've printed articles by Iraqi terrorist insurgents and stopped just short of calling them "Freedom Fighters." They've printed an article openly praising a teenager who arranged/ oversaw a massive interstate drug shipment. They've openly praised the Palin email hacker, and were at best somewhat neutral regarding the theft of the Mojave Desert cross. Yet, if the person they write an article on is a Republican politician or activist, a pro- life preacher, or holds any other position they disagree with, you can bet that person will be portrayed as evil incarnate in the pages of Rolling Stone. As it says in the Bible, "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil."
    3. They perfectly epitomize the blatant hypocrisy infesting much of the American left these days. Their articles and editorials regularly demonize capitalists and corporate America, yet their magazine can at times feature as many as 13 pages of full- page ads before even reaching the Table of Contents! It's like they're saying, "Hey, maaaan, the real problem with America is capitalism, maaaan. All these evil, greedy corporations care about is making money, maaaaaaan! Oh, and by the way, you readers should all wear Skechers shoes, drive Toyota cars, and buy all the music and movies we recommend!"

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    By what standard does the color of somebody's face validate ANY group? Maybe the hapless DUmmyRATS wold prefer that Tea Party members bought a few Blacks and brought them along?
    Now it's permissible to attack the old and infirm?

What a bunch of hateful POS!:mad:

You liberals ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

These idiots confuse a voluntary lack of attendance by black people with excluding black people.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.