Hybrid View

1. #1 Whats worse than Walmart? 
    From Wishmaster: Be careful what you wish for,Walt!

I know its not nice, but Ha Ha

Residents: Plant worse than a Wal-Mart
    Dispute: Tensions heat up between neighbors, RPM.
    By Matt Assad | Of The Morning Call
    August 17, 2008
    Walt Neidlinger spent years trying to keep a Wal-Mart-anchored shopping complex from being built near his Wind Gap home.

The traffic would have been suffocating for their little community, neighbors argued, so when the massive retailer and its partners packed up their plans and left Plainfield Township last year, Neidlinger was ecstatic. He figured he'd wait for the next plan to come along and remembers thinking, ''What could be worse than Wal-Mart?''

Over the past year, Neidlinger says, he's gotten an answer: RPM Recycling -- the metal-shredding plant on the same land -- causes daily noise that sounds like a freight train rumbling down the street, and frequent explosions that shake his walls.

Last week, a fire at the recycling plant inflamed growing tensions between residents, who say the plant has ruined their neighborhood, and RPM co-owner Nolan A. Perin, who says he's spent $200,000 to help calm the noise and wonders why he's being criticized for bringing industry to an industrial park.

Neidlinger said the shredding operation is a payback for opposition to the Wal-Mart project.

''The noise is a constant nuisance and the explosions make our windows shake,'' Neidlinger said. ''I just feel Mr. Perin put this there out of spite after the shopping center development fell through.''

Perin, who owns the 200 acres near the Wind Gap border, denies that.

''That's about as childish a thought as a person can have,'' Perin said. ''We proposed that recycling plant long before the [Wal-Mart] retail development fell through. I want to be a good neighbor, but I wish people would bring their complaints to me, rather than the media.''

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

ROFLMAO!

Perfect! :D

Lmao! :) :) :)
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

Neidlinger said the shredding operation is a payback for opposition to the Wal-Mart project.

''The noise is a constant nuisance and the explosions make our windows shake,'' Neidlinger said. ''I just feel Mr. Perin put this there out of spite after the shopping center development fell through.''
    Yeah, that's it. It's all about you, you, you.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

To bad it wasn't a slaughterhouse.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Wait a second. isn't it the liberals that forced recycling down all of our throats? Now they complain about recycling plants?!?!

these idiots are so confused. Just like the "no new drilling! no new power plants! no new refineries! no nuclear power! no coal power! no hydroelectric dams that kill fish!....."

I think the liberals should just turn Amish, move to Western Pennsylvania and shut up already.
    **** Obama and **** you too.