Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sunday Thread: Do you piddle? 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Cool and clear on The Mountain. Temps in the low 50's last night.

Nice fall weather.

Today after church I'll watch the Falcons game and then piddle around the house a bid.

Up here in the mountains, and maybe other places too, the word piddle means to either waste time doing little or nothing, or to work at something with less than a full effort.

TOTD: Do you enjoy down time, unstructured and unplanned hours, or days, where you don't have a set list of things to do and no particular schedule of when you do anything?

Personally, I really like to piddle. How about you? :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Changeable, windy and wet, w/ sunny intervals here in Teh Yuk.

TOTD: Sometimes I get up in the night to piddle, especially if I had a beer or two before I went to bed. Definitely not a waste of time, that. :p
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Cool and clear on The Mountain. Temps in the low 50's last night.

Nice fall weather.

Today after church I'll watch the Falcons game and then piddle around the house a bid.

Up here in the mountains, and maybe other places too, the word piddle means to either waste time doing little or nothing, or to work at something with less than a full effort.

TOTD: Do you enjoy down time, unstructured and unplanned hours, or days, where you don't have a set list of things to do and no particular schedule of when you do anything?

Cool and sunny here this AM - and it will be nice and warm in the afternoon. A PERFECT fall day here in Michigan.

Outside of work, I NEVER have a planned structure to my days. Not that I never do anything, but I stay as far away from a scheduled agenda as I can.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Overcast & drizzle overnight here. Nice morning, tho, at 52. Warmer than the last days. Giving the Jays their daily ration of peanuts. It's like an airport out there, one after another.

Do I piddle? Absolutely. It recharges you. But I call it puttering. Piddle has too many other definitions for me as I do work in health care :eek:

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    cool, overcast I don't get to piddle like i used to. I don't have as much time. I enjoy piddling too. darn it.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 10-03-2010 at 10:37 PM.

Beautiful day here in Sarasota. I piddle, putter, whatever you call it, particularly since I quit working and moved to Florida. SR teases me about it all the time. I just see too many things to do and don't schedule them in the same order he would. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Beautiful day here in Sarasota. I piddle, putter, whatever you call it, particularly since I quit working and moved to Florida. SR teases me about it all the time. I just see too many things to do and don't schedule them in the same order he would. :D
    Miz Bubba has one way of looking at how things get done, and I have another. Females are just that way I guess. :p:D

I like to say when I'm not at work I am on Mountain Time, Goat Mountain Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Cool and sunny here this AM - and it will be nice and warm in the afternoon. A PERFECT fall day here in Michigan.

Outside of work, I NEVER have a planned structure to my days. Not that I never do anything, but I stay as far away from a scheduled agenda as I can.
    Me too. I have too many things scheduled during my work day.

When I am away from work I just like to hang loose and do things spontaneously. I also do a lot of stuff in my non-work time, I just don't like schedules when I don't have to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryHeart View Post
    Overcast & drizzle overnight here. Nice morning, tho, at 52. Warmer than the last days. Giving the Jays their daily ration of peanuts. It's like an airport out there, one after another.

Do I piddle? Absolutely. It recharges you. But I call it puttering. Piddle has too many other definitions for me as I do work in health care :eek:
    Yeah, I know that piddling have negative conotations. Some locals here say loaferin'.

Not loafing, but loafering.

Me too. I have too many things scheduled during my work day.

When I am away from work I just like to hang loose and do things spontaneously. I also do a lot of stuff in my non-work time, I just don't like schedules when I don't have to have one.
    That's how I like to take vacations, spontaneous. My idea of a greyt trip is to throw the hounds in the back of the wagon and just take off. But SR isn't too keen on those ideas, especially going out to Utah that way. So I guess we'll continue to take little trips around Floprida, which is also fun.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"