Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I always thought it best to avoid discussions with irrational people, that applies just as easily to libtards as it does to fundamentalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Aklover View Post
    I always thought it best to avoid discussions with irrational people, that applies just as easily to libtards as it does to fundamentalist.
    So I'm irrational?

As a conservative Christian who recently completed my first year at a theological seminary to prepare me for one day entering the monistry, I would point out to "Evoman" what a colossal hypocrite he is, based on that thread.
    He claims to have Christian friends, but I wonder how many of them would stay friends with him if they read that hateful, insulting thread in which he encourages bigotry against their beliefs. He slings around the deliberately insulting, anti- Christian slur term 'fundy' (If he wasn't deliberately trying to insult them, why not just stick to more neutral terms like 'Conservative Christians'?), and also slings around vicious, inaccurate stereotypes of Christians (He thinks we're "Immune to reason?" You can't get much more hateful than that). In fact, it's hysterical that he discusses how prejudiced and intolerant Christians supposedly are, yet his hateful comments in that thread reveal that if he wants to really confront bigotry, all he has to do is look in a mirror. Finally, in a true display of hypocrisy, he at one point states that "Fundies" are trying to "oppress people," while at another section of his thread, he encourages his fellow DUmmies to force conservative Christians to change their beliefs. If that is not the true definition of oppressing people, I don't know what is.
    I'll pray for "Evoman," that his heart would be softened and purged of his hatred, and that in fact, his Christian friends would be the ones having an influence on him, rather than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    So I'm irrational?

Not that familiar with you yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aklover View Post
    Not that familiar with you yet.
    Jinx is a "fundie," as am I...meaning that we are both conservative Christians, living in a personal relationship with Christ and understanding basic Christian theology. :)
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Me three. As well as a history and political science student. Delving into personal study of originalism. :D
    Fascinating stuff.

(formerly MrsFerret)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I have zero problem with people of faith.

Like gays or anyone else, I employ my peripheral vision and avoid them like the plague.

I simply don’t allow them to sponge my time - as I recognize it for what it is, a waste of resource. ;)
    You have no faith in anything?
    Many here at CU are professing Christians, you spend time here.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    You have no faith in anything?
    Many here at CU are professing Christians, you spend time here.
    I have faith - I just choose not to cram my faith down the throats of strangers on the street. My faith is a solemn thing - to be shared with few and only in an appropriate place. Shaking a Bible in someone's face and condemning them to Hell is not faith.

;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    So I'm irrational?
    I would say that your faith is irrational, but I would not go so far as to say that having faith makes you irrational about everything. If believing in God were rational, faith would not be required.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I have faith - I just choose not to cram my faith down the throats of strangers on the street. My faith is a solemn thing - to be shared with few and only in an appropriate place. Shaking a Bible in someone's face and condemning them to Hell is not faith.

;)
    I prefer to read my Bible rather than shake it in someone's face. If you're not living it you have no business telling others how to live.
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21