Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I have faith - I just choose not to cram my faith down the throats of strangers on the street. My faith is a solemn thing - to be shared with few and only in an appropriate place. Shaking a Bible in someone's face and condemning them to Hell is not faith.

;)

No person can condemn anyone to hell, except him/herself.

Sharing the truth of Christ with a fallen world is an act of love.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    I would say that your faith is irrational, but I would not go so far as to say that having faith makes you irrational about everything. If believing in God were rational, faith would not be required.
    In point of fact, when you have a personal relationship with His Son, faith is nothing like you imagine it to be. It would be not only irrational, but completely insane to disbelieve Him.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    In point of fact, when you have a personal relationship with His Son, faith is nothing like you imagine it to be.
    You're stating an opinion, not a fact.

It would be not only irrational, but completely insane to disbelieve Him.
    Faith based on insufficient evidence is always irrational regardless of the depth of feeling.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Faith based on insufficient evidence is always irrational regardless of the depth of feeling.
    I find the evidence to be extremely sufficient. To some, no amount or type of evidence will be. There will always be a reason to disbelieve. Christianity is a faith based on evidence. It is not blind faith. Some Christians, yes, can not explain what they believe or why and to me this is a disgrace. However, there are many, much like myself who are versed in apologetics and are able to give the reasons for our beliefs. These reasons, however, are not meant to convert anyone but only to answer objections. If there is no will to believe than no amount of evidence will be enough to change hearts and minds.
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredHome View Post
    I find the evidence to be extremely sufficient. To some, no amount or type of evidence will be.
    Feel free to present your evidence.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

No, I'm not. :D I merely pointing out to a blind man that the rainbow has colors. I can't force you to see it.

Exactly. However, there is no insufficiency in the evidence.
    -
    -
    -

Tag team fundies. Hee hee :D
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredHome View Post
    I prefer to read my Bible rather than shake it in someone's face. If you're not living it you have no business telling others how to live.
    But see - that's where folks take their 'mission' way past their place. They feel, because they know their crap doesn't smell, they can do His job and judge you. That's where I become extremely angry and protective of my personal space, time and resources. Save it for church - is my position. On the street - I treat these folks just like panhandlers, and believe me, it ain't pretty.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Feel free to present your evidence.

You're arguing something you have no understanding of. The reality is, neither do I. At this point, I don't have this amazing faith that gives strength in the worst of times. But, I've damn sure seen it in action. I've known some brilliant people who were very religious. Very committed, and their religious teachings figured into every major decision they made. No, I don't "get it" yet, just like you.
    However, I don't simply assume my powers of logic are above anyone who's deeply religious. I think it's way more complex than that. All I'm saying is, don't develop some DU'ish attitude toward the possibility of life altering faith. I've never met a person who regretted finding. You never know.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    But see - that's where folks take their 'mission' way past their place. They feel, because they know their crap doesn't smell, they can do His job and judge you. That's where I become extremely angry and protective of my personal space, time and resources. Save it for church - is my position. On the street - I treat these folks just like panhandlers, and believe me, it ain't pretty.
    Christians dont "feel like their crap doesn't smell" we know we are all sinners, not just you. We also don't think we "can do his job and judge you". You are judged by one person, "big guns upstairs". We aren't judging you, but sharing with you the word of God so can see you go to Heaven with us.