Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    And with that, I am out of this thread. I made a promise with myself along time ago never to debate politics or Religion. Neither one of us are going to chance each others mind, or convert each other. All we are doing is yelling in the wind. SO, instead I will pray that God one day restores your faith Night Owl and LogansPapa in Jesus. I would hate to see you not make it to Heaven. I don't want you to burn in hell like you might think, I want you Heaven with me.
    Unless you're going to ask God to send me lots of money, which I will split with you if it comes, then don't bother praying for me.

Seriously, if God exists and is the type of tyrant who would let beings suffer merely because they chose not to believe in his existence during their brief time on Earth, then I want nothing to do with him. Moreover, I see no difference between an eternity of bliss and an eternity of suffering because an eternity of anything eventually becomes intolerable. I mean, seriously... an eternity of repose?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I have nothing from the last two millenia to answer for either. I do believe I have to give an account for the last 49 years and counting.

Are you attempting now to convert people to your viewpoints?
    Not at all. I'm glad folks have found a place that makes them feel safe, warm and dry in a thunder storm - as long as they don't try to tell me the noise is from the hand of God. If He does exist, then He does so but for our tears.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I enjoy dealing with people of faith.

Don't Like gays, liberals or anyone that tries to impose their beliefs on me, I employ my peripheral vision and avoid them like the plague.

I simply don’t allow them to sponge my time - as I recognize it for what it is, a waste of resource. ;)
    FIXED :):):)
    Last edited by lacarnut; 06-09-2008 at 10:32 AM.

The only suffering of "hell* is due to God's granting the wishes of those who asked to be left alone. God withdraws his presence. To me, that is truly hell.
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

When it comes to passing judgment on those of other beliefs, not 'of the body', Christians have spread their oppression as far as ships of old would take them. So save the "we do it for our brother's good" noise. The supposed charity never comes without a very sharp hook.
    The "supposed" charity goes all over the world, with food, clean water, clothing, shelter, and whatever else is needed. Christians are the most charitable people in world. Along with all the good done for the needs of this world, many are also shown the way to the joy of the Lord and the treasures of the next world. Strangely enough, passing judgement is not a Christian trait. It's amazing how much disinformation is believed in a free country, where anyone could easily learn better.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Not to mention passing judgment is actually a human trait among a plethora of many. If a Christian is passing judgment wrongly it is not a theological issue it is a human one. Christianity has had such a positive impact on Western Civilization. We enjoy its fruits but fail to acknowledge its contributions. The influence of Christianity on Western Civilization is a topic near and dear to my heart. I wrote a paper on it for a college class during the fall semester last year and I hope to continue to research and write more upon it. Ignorance is not an excuse to rail against the one faith that has made the most positive impact on history.
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Christians are the most charitable people in world. Along with all the good done for the needs of this world, many are also shown the way to the joy of the Lord and the treasures of the next world. Strangely enough, passing judgement is not a Christian trait. It's amazing how much disinformation is believed in a free country, where anyone could easily learn better.
    Wonder what these folks would say about that perspective now and how Columbus went about bringing Europe’s great bounty to their heathen existence.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ngs_N.Amer.png
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Unless you're going to ask God to send me lots of money, which I will split with you if it comes, then don't bother praying for me.

Seriously, if God exists and is the type of tyrant who would let beings suffer merely because they chose not to believe in his existence during their brief time on Earth, then I want nothing to do with him. Moreover, I see no difference between an eternity of bliss and an eternity of suffering because an eternity of anything eventually becomes intolerable. I mean, seriously... an eternity of repose?
    TNO is to religion what Eyelids is to white people.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    TNO is to religion what Eyelids is to white people.
    Maybe just too challenging to address, but no Eyelids.

Maybe just too challenging to address, but no Eyelids.
    His whole reason for being here is to argue religion. Check his post history, I bet at least 80% of his posts are in religious threads. Don't stoop to defending him. At least you're wrong about an array of things, not just one.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad