Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    His whole reason for being here is to argue religion. Check his post history, I bet at least 80% of his posts are in religious threads. Don't stoop to defending him. At least you're wrong about an array of things, not just one.:D
    As in religionís the last vestige of true communism? ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    As in religionís the last vestige of true communism? ;)
    That would be true, except for that whole Freedom of Religion thingy.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

That would be true, except for that whole Freedom of Religion thingy.
    As in you're 8 years old and you actually have a choice?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    The "supposed" charity goes all over the world, with food, clean water, clothing, shelter, and whatever else is needed. Christians are the most charitable people in world. Along with all the good done for the needs of this world, many are also shown the way to the joy of the Lord and the treasures of the next world. Strangely enough, passing judgement is not a Christian trait. It's amazing how much disinformation is believed in a free country, where anyone could easily learn better.
    That is the way it's supposed to work, but there are unfortunately many so called "Christians" who have done things in the name of Christianity that are really not very "Christian" at all. They give all of us a bad name.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Ainít that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredHome View Post
    The only suffering of "hell* is due to God's granting the wishes of those who asked to be left alone. God withdraws his presence. To me, that is truly hell.
    Okay, so let us say that damnation is nothing more than God abandoning those who wish to be abandoned. Once the abandoned realize what a mistake they've made, then why doesn't God, who supposedly has infinite love and mercy, offer them a chance for redemption? Why must the abandoned be allowed to suffer for eternity for making a bad choice in what is, compared to eternity, an ever shrinking span of time?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    The "supposed" charity goes all over the world, with food, clean water, clothing, shelter, and whatever else is needed. Christians are the most charitable people in world. Along with all the good done for the needs of this world, many are also shown the way to the joy of the Lord and the treasures of the next world. Strangely enough, passing judgement is not a Christian trait. It's amazing how much disinformation is believed in a free country, where anyone could easily learn better.
    So, do Christians do charity because they think it is the right thing to do or do they do it for the promise of reward in the afterlife? The way I see it, if charity is a good thing to do, then it is a good thing to do regardless of whether God is involved or not. So, why even bring God into it?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

His whole reason for being here is to argue religion. Check his post history, I bet at least 80% of his posts are in religious threads. Don't stoop to defending him. At least you're wrong about an array of things, not just one.:D
    I have been summoned to action by The Four Horsemen.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

The price of the charity is the sponging of your time and focus - without end. (reference Jehovah Witness methods for an education on this reality) A doctor heals you wound and sends you on your way, without a lifetime commitment and the entrails of you life being drug out in public for group judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Wonder what these folks would say about that perspective now and how Columbus went about bringing Europeís great bounty to their heathen existence.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ngs_N.Amer.png
    I work with quite a few Native Americans...none of which have ever complained to me about living in insulated houses instead of teepees or mud huts, none of which has ever mentioned wistfully the times when their babies were born without modern medical intervention and half of them died, the times when nature didn't provide quite enough so they starved during the winter, the times when they could expect to live to be 35 or 40, and many died much younger in inter-tribal wars.

Even more strange is the fact that quite a lot are Christians. They support their churches, attend church, believe just as most Christians around the world. Of course, they live in today's world, not the world of hundreds of years ago...
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.