Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    What image do they have today? Who's fault is it? And how should they change it?
    1) Idiots. Mostly criminal idiots.

2) Our own and those who propagate that image, which are mostly racist whites like Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly. I like it when people blame rappers, I listen to some rap and it never makes me angry or criminal.

3) Socio-economic diversification of neighborhoods... but you guys hate that and in some backwards capacity find it racist.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    3) Socio-economic diversification of neighborhoods... but you guys hate that and in some backwards capacity find it racist.
    How do you plan on keeping the idiots, and criminal idiots, out of these socio-economically diverse neighborhoods?

Not trying to start an argument, but as an honest question. Wealthier people, whether white, black, chinese, mexican, etc, can afford to move out of an area when crime starts to become a problem. If you can't afford to move, then you get stuck with the problem, property values drop, and soon you've got a brand new bad neighborhood.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    How do you plan on keeping the idiots, and criminal idiots, out of these socio-economically diverse neighborhoods?

Not trying to start an argument, but as an honest question. Wealthier people, whether white, black, chinese, mexican, etc, can afford to move out of an area when crime starts to become a problem. If you can't afford to move, then you get stuck with the problem, property values drop, and soon you've got a brand new bad neighborhood.
    You move some of them elsewhere? This is fairly simple. You bulldoze some of hte giant slum towers and build some condo's in their place.

You move some of them elsewhere? This is fairly simple. You bulldoze some of hte giant slum towers and build some condo's in their place.
    Then where do the criminals go?

I live acroos the street from a black family, two houses down from two dykes, and have transplanted yankees behind me. Do I meet your quota?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Huh? The slum towers were built because people said they couldn't afford their own place to live. So now we're supposed to build them nicer places to live?

1) Idiots. Mostly criminal idiots.

2) Our own and those who propagate that image, which are mostly racist whites like Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly. I like it when people blame rappers, I listen to some rap and it never makes me angry or criminal.

Let me shorten that answer for you. It's nobody's fault but the black community. When the black community decides to take responsibilty for......um......something, it can start to pull itself up from the ghetto. As long as life is all about something for nothing, and blaming people who work for they have when the gubment check don't stretch far enough, you'll never amount to shit.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Patent Member
    You move some of them elsewhere?
    Who is "them" in this sentence?

Does it refer to the idiots and criminals? If we knew who they were, they (the criminals at least) would be in prison. Also there are family units with criminals and idiots in them, are you suggesting these families get broken up, or do they all get thrown into "elsewhereville"?

If "them" means the poor/socially disadvantaged who drove out the wealthier people, then what makes you think the wealthy won't just flee again? Probably into gated communities where private associations maintain home prices and impose regular monthly fees.

This is fairly simple. You bulldoze some of hte giant slum towers and build some condo's in their place.
    So what happens to the people living in the slums? Do they get to move into the nice new condos? How does this change anything? The social makeup will be the same, and unless you deal with the crime and poverty issues, the condos will not be valuable to the types of people you want to attract.

Eyelids
    You guys are so unfamiliar with urban development it's kind of scary. There are books you can read on this but I'm sure you would never find the time to actually look at them between being amazing Capitalists and investing your money shrewdly and hating the gay and Muslim communities.

It's called gentrification. You mix upper, middle and lower class together. Towers (better known as the projects) are already being torn down in Chicago and there has been success with it. Crime across the city is pretty down as fewer neighborhoods are still "bad" neighborhoods. It's just the ones that are still bad have gotten hugely worse because of a lack of resources for anyone.

Oh and Rebel Yell, you're a fucking honkey piece of shit.

You guys are so unfamiliar with urban development it's kind of scary. There are books you can read on this but I'm sure you would never find the time to actually look at them between being amazing Capitalists and investing your money shrewdly and hating the gay and Muslim communities.

It's called gentrification. You mix upper, middle and lower class together. Towers (better known as the projects) are already being torn down in Chicago and there has been success with it. Crime across the city is pretty down as fewer neighborhoods are still "bad" neighborhoods. It's just the ones that are still bad have gotten hugely worse because of a lack of resources for anyone.

Oh and Rebel Yell, you're a fucking honkey piece of shit.
    And fuck you, too. Smokefoot.;)

Eyelids
    Say what you want to say Rebel Yell, I fucking dare you.