1. #1 GOP Eyes Potential Defectors 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Excuses me while I bang my head.

----

GOP Eyes Potential Defectors
    By Anna Palmer and Steven T. Dennis, CQ-Roll Call

House Republicans are already examining which Democrats might want to switch parties after Nov. 2 and are mapping out a strategy for how to persuade them to make the leap.

Republican aides and lobbyists said there are a handful of Democratic Members whom GOP leaders plan to target, with Member-to-Member conversations beginning immediately after the midterm elections. Incentives for switching sides could include a leadership-level position or seat on a powerful committee such as Appropriations or Ways and Means.

Democratic Reps. Dan Boren (Okla.), Walt Minnick (Idaho) and Heath Shuler (N.C.) are all on the Republicansí target list. Reps. Mike McIntyre (N.C.) and Gene Taylor (Miss.) are also considered potential gets.

House Democrats, meanwhile, are working on a counterstrategy to try to thwart any GOP poaching, and they are even eyeing a few Republicans they think might be willing to join their ranks.

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cf...s-000003747449

Great, lets toss off the dead weight, with the election, then start wooing the to-be Rhinos!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Banned
    Since the Repubs will win a large majority in the House, the votes of these Democratic turcoats are not needed. To give them posh committee assignment would just piss off conservatives. The established middle of the road Repubs are stupid.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    I don't have a problem adding them to the party if they win the election. In the short term it MAY help on on some issues (and of course not on some others) , but in the long term - if the conservatives in the districts are strong enough, we can do what we did with Bennet in Utah and Murkowski in Alaska. Get rid of them in the primaries - where the conservatives have the advantage.

Getting strong, highly electable Democrats OUT of the Democrat party ( and that is what they are otherwise they would not be in office - ESPECIALLY after THIS year) will only weaken the pool of potential Democrat candidates in the future.

Just because we recruit them away from the enemy, does not mean we have to keep them after the next round.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I don't have a problem adding them to the party if they win the election. In the short term it MAY help on on some issues (and of course not on some others) , but in the long term - if the conservatives in the districts are strong enough, we can do what we did with Bennet in Utah and Murkowski in Alaska. Get rid of them in the primaries - where the conservatives have the advantage.

Getting strong, highly electable Democrats OUT of the Democrat party ( and that is what they are otherwise they would not be in office - ESPECIALLY after THIS year) will only weaken the pool of potential Democrat candidates in the future.

Just because we recruit them away from the enemy, does not mean we have to keep them after the next round.
    True, but if they are willing to come over, they come with no strings or promises. After we see which way they vote we can determine their worth and what positions.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

A lot of chickens are getting counted before they have hatched. November is still a month away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    A lot of chickens are getting counted before they have hatched. November is still a month away.
    Less than a month away; 28 days to be exact. Democrats are going to be doing a lot of clucking and cackling when they get slaughtered. :D

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    True, but if they are willing to come over, they come with no strings or promises. After we see which way they vote we can determine their worth and what positions.

ABSOLUTELY.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

More proof that the parties are two sides of the same coin.

"Heads you win, tails I lose" ... where you/I is the American people.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    More proof that the parties are two sides of the same coin.

"Heads you win, tails I lose" ... where you/I is the American people.
    If conservatives do not cull RINO's, I am afraid you may be right. If they get a majority in the House, the first fight should be to dump Boehner and get a mean, in your face, no compromise majority leader. Kinda like Pisslosi.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    If conservatives do not cull RINO's, I am afraid you may be right. If they get a majority in the House, the first fight should be to dump Boehner and get a mean, in your face, no compromise majority leader. Kinda like Pisslosi.
    I hear you. Nothing scares me more than when Politicians agree on something. You know whatever it is, it's gonna be bad for you and me. :D