Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 Finding your old posts 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    Posts
    1,165
    Okay. SO, someone told me that i had to click on my name and then it would give me a drop down so that i could access old posts. Sometimes i forget what i post into and i'd like to see any responses or continue on with the discussion. But if i can't find where i was, then i can't find my old posts..any of them.

    Why can't a poster access his previous posts by clicking on ANY spot where his name is displayed for instance at the top of the page where it says, Welcome, CJ or perhaps down in the list of members on line? I think it would make for easier accessibility.


    unless i'm doing something wrong? am i?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Okay. SO, someone told me that i had to click on my name and then it would give me a drop down so that i could access old posts. Sometimes i forget what i post into and i'd like to see any responses or continue on with the discussion. But if i can't find where i was, then i can't find my old posts..any of them.

    Why can't a poster access his previous posts by clicking on ANY spot where his name is displayed for instance at the top of the page where it says, Welcome, CJ or perhaps down in the list of members on line? I think it would make for easier accessibility.


    unless i'm doing something wrong? am i?

    Yes.;)
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,026
    click on your name. click on view public profile. click on Show all Statistics (on the right). Click on Find All Posts by Calypso Jones (back to the left).

    Done and done.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    You should be able to click on your name anywhere and it will take you to your user profile. Once there, underneath your name and avatar, you will see a white dialog box. Just above that box there are 5 tabs,

    "visitor message", "about me", "statistics", "friends", and "contact info"

    click on "statistics and it will give you an option to click on the link "find all posts by Calypso Jones" Click there and you are home free.


    In addition, you can click the search tab along the top of the screen and do an advanced search - just type in the your user name in the correct box.


    Also you can "flag" topics you wish to come back to.


    Hope that helps.

    CS
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    Posts
    1,165
    If i click on my name anywhere other than with a post then i am taken to my profile.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TehYuk
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    If i click on my name anywhere other than with a post then i am taken to my profile.
    Yep, then you should see the Statistics tab, and all your posts are accessible there.

    Another route to see threads you've either started or contributed to is:

    User CP>New Subscribed Threads>View all subscribed threads.
    20010911
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    If i click on my name anywhere other than with a post then i am taken to my profile.
    Is my post above invisible?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Is my post above invisible?

    What post?
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    Posts
    1,165
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Yep, then you should see the Statistics tab, and all your posts are accessible there.

    Another route to see threads you've either started or contributed to is:

    User CP>New Subscribed Threads>View all subscribed threads.

    ah. Thank you. I missed that. still learning the ropes here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •