1. #1 EPA’s Own Estimates Say GHG Regs Could ‘Slow Construction Nationwide for Years' 
    EPA’s Own Estimates Say Greenhouse Gas Regs Could ‘Slow Construction Nationwide for Years’ -- and Take a Century to Reduce Temperature 0.0015 Degrees

Wednesday, October 06, 2010
    By Chris Neefus

(CNSNews.com) – Tough new rules proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency restricting greenhouse gas emissions might reduce global temperatures only 0.0015 of a degree Celsius in the next century, but as a side effect, those rules will “slow construction nationwide for years,” the EPA said in a June 3 statement.

Republican members of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee highlighted those findings in a report released last week.

The GOP minority report, issued last Wednesday, said a series of proposed and partially implemented new regulations on industrial boilers, greenhouse gas emitters, and ozone levels will put over 800,000 jobs at risk with little environmental benefit.

The authors cite the EPA’s own staff to show that greenhouse gas regulations, which would require major sources of CO2 (carbon dioxide) to obtain permits and limit their output, could seriously harm the economy if implemented.

“It is clear throughout the country, PSD (Prevention of Significant Deterioration) permit issuance would be unable to keep up with the flood of incoming applications, resulting in delays, at the outset, that would be at least a decade or longer, and that would only grow worse over time as each year, the number of new permit applications would exceed permitting authority resources for that year.” the EPA wrote in the Federal Register on June 3.

The EPA permits, under the Prevention of Significant Deterioration program, are already in place – but would be significantly expanded to include greenhouse gases.

“(D)uring this time, tens of thousands of sources each year would be prevented from constructing or modifying,” the EPA staff wrote. “In fact, it is reasonable to assume that many of those sources will be forced to abandon altogether plans to construct or modify. As a result, a literal application (of the permit requirement) to GHG (greenhouse gas) sources would slow construction nationwide for years, with all of the adverse effects that this would have on economic development.”
    CNS

.0015 C? Well shit, we might as well have signed up for the Kyoto Protocol. That at least promised .3 C in a century.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    .0015 C? Well shit, we might as well have signed up for the Kyoto Protocol. That at least promised .3 C in a century.
    When will I ever get the contaminated water and poison air that the GOP has been promising me?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    When will I ever get the contaminated water and poison air that the GOP has been promising me?
    Come here for a bit. The water is non-potable and there is so much smoke in the air at night that my eyes burn if I spend a couple minutes outside.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.