View Poll Results: Who will win the 2010 World Series?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atlanta Braves

2 15.38%
  • Cincinnati Reds

0 0%
  • Minnesota Twins

0 0%
  • New York Yankees

3 23.08%
  • Philadelphia Phillies

3 23.08%
  • San Francisco Giants

1 7.69%
  • Tampa Bay Rays

0 0%
  • Texas Rangers

3 23.08%
  • The jooooooooooooooooooooos

1 7.69%

Thread: 2010 Baseball Playoffs

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    1.78 ERA in September, the fifth-best mark by any team in any month in the last 90 years.
    Being fifth best at something, during the regular season, is the best you can come up with? LMAO.

By the way, it's October and the Series will extend into November. A far cry from September.

SF Regular Season ERA: 3.36
    SF Postseason ERA: 2.52

Philly Regular Season ERA: 3.67
    Philly Postseason ERA: 2.42

Rangers Regular Season ERA: 3.93
    Rangers Postseason ERA: 2.76

source: ESPN

Since you value ERA so much, shouldn't the Phillies win the NLCS and then the WS since they have the best postseason ERA right now? Even better than the vaulted Giants? zOMG :eek:

Did you happen to see the dejected look on the Gaints faces after they lost lthe other day? Ill tell you what if they phills win tonight they are taking the 7th game mark my words.

Oh oswalt owns the giants least in game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Well we will see about wrapping it up.

if not for ross or coss or whatever that douches name was they would be down a game. So pitching its not quite it.

Good grief.... Pitching is EVERYTHING. And..yeah...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Septemer pitching stats and the fact that the Phils are on the brink is a pretty good indicator how hot the Giants rotation has been. I think that's a pretty effective stat.

And the Giants are still pitching pretty much to those September numbers.

Ask the Yanks how important pitching is. It doesn't matter who the Yanks have had with big bats.... When they haven't had strong starters....they get thumped
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Being fifth best at something, during the regular season, is the best you can come up with? LMAO.

By the way, it's October and the Series will extend into November. A far cry from September.

SF Regular Season ERA: 3.36
    SF Postseason ERA: 2.52

Philly Regular Season ERA: 3.67
    Philly Postseason ERA: 2.42

Rangers Regular Season ERA: 3.93
    Rangers Postseason ERA: 2.76

source: ESPN

Since you value ERA so much, shouldn't the Phillies win the NLCS and then the WS since they have the best postseason ERA right now? Even better than the vaulted Giants? zOMG :eek:
    uh...5th best in the reg season? No..5th best in 90 years. Yeah....that's a pretty good indicator. Just ask the 2-3 Phils.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Did you happen to see the dejected look on the Gaints faces after they lost lthe other day? Ill tell you what if they phills win tonight they are taking the 7th game mark my words.

Oh oswalt owns the giants least in game 2.
    I wouldn't classify their looks as dejected. It looked more like "oh shit" looks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    uh...5th best in the reg season? No..5th best in 90 years. Yeah....that's a pretty good indicator. Just ask the 2-3 Phils.
    I give credit where credit is due. The Giants have earned every bit of this lead. None of their 3 wins was cheap. The Phils, on the other hand, had to rely on some real crazy stuff the other night to score 3 of their runs.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 10-23-2010 at 08:11 PM.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

2-0 in the first. Phils are looking pretty good!

All tied up...and the benches are cleared! Damn, why couldn't I be at this game instead of last Saturday's. :mad:

Well we will see about wrapping it up. :rolleyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Even better than the vaulted Giants? zOMG :eek:

lol!

Did anyone catch the post-game interview with Brian Wilson? :eek: Dude is weird.

And what was he talking about when referring to "the machine". I want to know and yet, I'm sure I really don't. But the commentators were all snickering afterward about it without explaining it.

Ryan Howard is an overrated, overpaid piece of horseshit. Bases loaded, 2 out, full count, and he.....watched strike 3 just sail on by. Just like you played it out on the playground as a kid, eh Ryan? I couldn't find an updated picture of Ryan Howard. This is all I could find:
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy