1. #1 OMf'inG, THIS IS HUGH!!11! 
    Ack,ack, omg! They are certifiable.They hate the military and baseball, double traitors!

ben_meyers (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-17-08 11:02 PM
    Original message
    OMf'inG, THIS IS HUGH!!11!
    Advertisements [?]So, I'm flipping thru the channels and I come upon the Padres/Philles game. San Diego is wearing a military style uniform tonight!! It has Desert Storm type markings! WTF is that all about? (Aren't the Padres some kind of religious thing anyhow?) Isn't this some kind of neocon message to the young people that the military is a good thing? I just can't believe that this is acceptable.
    To be fair there are some sane voices, but why bring them over!:D

marmar (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-17-08 11:03 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. Indoctrination.....Preparation for the paramilitary state.
    n/t

tomreedtoon (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-17-08 11:04 PM
    2. Who is this Hugh character in uniform?
    Besides, as anyone with Brain One knows, nearly all sports stars are rich right-wingers anyway. They were the guys who beat up ordinary people in high school. Why would they turn down the opportunity to play John Wayne now?
    Alcibiades (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-17-08 11:16 PM
    10. If only there were some way that these
    fit, able-bodied young men could honor those who serve.... Oh, yeah, they could enlist and don those uniforms for real, rather than play at being pretend soldiers.

Baseball players should wear baseball uniforms. This does nothing to support the troops, but is simply a transparent effort by the Padres to literally wear their fake patriotism on their sleeves, to use the whole US military as some sort of ad for their own franchise. Shame on them.
    sfexpat2000 (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 02:21 AM
    Response to Reply #15
    26. Putting baseball teams in camo is not supporting military families.
    It trivializes real sacrifice and real danger for publicity. It's actually disrespectful
    sfexpat2000 (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 01:48 AM
    Response to Reply #18
    23. We need to write to the commisioner.
    MFer. That's just WRONG.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

It's not as if San Diego is a military town or anything.......

Someone from SD can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Padres have been wearing that uniform on every Sunday game since the beginning of the season.

Ass hat link

Oops I forgot the link!

The DUmmies know they have been using these uniforms, just another reason to bash the USA, the military and baseball!

NavyDem (60 posts) Sun Aug-17-08 11:09 PM
    7. As an Active Duty San Diegan...
    The Padres do that as a salute to our active military folks in the area. We have a very large Navy contigent, as well as Marine Corps. They are fairly supportive of the military around here (have to be, the economy would suck even worse without us).

The military as a whole can be a good thing or a bad thing. It's been good to me for the last 18.5 years, and I do NOT serve in combat positions (I'm an information systems tech).

I don't like what the current administration has done with us, but I think we'll be over that soon. Besides, we're out-donating to support Senator Obama by about a 10-1 ratio, and most folks I talk to support either Obama, or Ron Paul. You never here McCrash mentioned at all
    cherokeeprogressive (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-19-08 12:31 PM
    Response to Reply #47
    50. My being wrong is nothing more than your opinion. OPINION.
    A baseball team's uniform doesn't in any way normalize the trappings of combat duty. The Padres have done it for decades, in peaceful times as well.

By the way, hunters wear camoflage as well.

Codeine (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-18-08 10:30 PM
    Response to Reply #18
    45. Why disgusting?
    The folks in our military form an important part of the economy and culture of San Diego. I see it as a nice little pat on the back for the locals. The military is not an inherently evil, or even right-wing, entity; it's just a military.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Power CUer
    We're very supportive of our military here in San Diego. I guess it's a good thing I never told DUers that I have participated in Operation Thin Mint every year of the war, buying a bunch of boxes of Girl Scout Cookies for the troops. I might be considered a Bush mole or something.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    We're very supportive of our military here in San Diego. I guess it's a good thing I never told DUers that I have participated in Operation Thin Mint every year of the war, buying a bunch of boxes of Girl Scout Cookies for the troops. I might be considered a Bush mole or something.
    Elspeth, Rovian Secret Agent!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Elspeth, Rovian Secret Agent!!
    The cookies made me do it. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

The Girl Scouts might be run by a bunch of man-hating dykes now, but the G.S. Thin Mint is still the best "non-homemade" cookie out there. I can eat a sleeve of them without blinking. :D