1. #1 Korea: the forgotten war 
    captured: 119 photos

link
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

My dad has a three foot square cabinet full of 35 millimeter color stereo slides he took while he was a medic during the Korean war, I spent hours as a kid looking at them.
    He would never talk about those years, but the slides told a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    My dad has a three foot square cabinet full of 35 millimeter color stereo slides he took while he was a medic during the Korean war, I spent hours as a kid looking at them.
    He would never talk about those years, but the slides told a story.

same here. my dad never spoke a word for years. and i have a lot of photos of him in uniform.

medics have a tendency to be PTSD. a HS pal of mine was a Navy medic in Nam. he's dead now. but spent most of his life in a VA hospital. I also know a guy who served with the 101st that has it to
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

My dad was medic in a POW camp.

There is no reason why we shouldn't have achieved victory in this war. It's my opinion that this war was the catalyst of how wars were to be fought from then on out. Can't hurt anyone's feelings.

And was this put together by the Department of Redundancy Department?

American GIs fire a 105 Howitzer gun in action against North Korean invaders somewhere in Korea. The war that began in Korea 60 years ago, on June 25, 1950, a ghastly conflict that killed millions and left the peninsula in ruins, became "The Forgotten War" in many American minds.

U.S. Marines advance up a ridge in South Korea. The war that began in Korea 60 years ago, on June 25, 1950, a ghastly conflict that killed millions and left the peninsula in ruins, became "The Forgotten War" in many American minds.

Two U.S. 2nd Infantry Division soldiers use a screw-driver and bayonet tip as they probe for mines on the road from Changnyong to the Naktong River South of Taegu, South Korea. Guerrillas hidden in the surrounding hills had planted the mines during the night, blowing up two trucks and killing several American soldiers. The war that began in Korea 60 years ago, on June 25, 1950, a ghastly conflict that killed millions and left the peninsula in ruins, became "The Forgotten War" in many American minds.

A U.S. Marine takes cover during fight against North Koreans in Korea. The Marines were flushing out North Koreans who had been harassing them with sniper attacks and mortar fire. The war that began in Korea 60 years ago, on June 25, 1950, a ghastly conflict that killed millions and left the peninsula in ruins, became "The Forgotten War" in many American minds.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 10-07-2010 at 03:27 AM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned
    My grandpa served over here from '50-'53. He had dropped out of medical school to take care of his mother and sister as his father had recently died and was very quickly drafted. His job in the service was teaching soldiers how to run and install electrical wires, I'm guessing for communication and other equipment. He asked repeatedly to be sent overseas but was told that they needed his electrical and mechanical knowledge here (He had worked since he was a kid doing that kind of stuff and he's always been into tech stuff--He could rewire old car engines and shit and to this day at 82 loves using computers and the internet).
    Last edited by CaughtintheMiddle1990; 10-07-2010 at 07:18 AM.

My cousin was stationed in korea for a while he ate a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    My cousin was stationed in korea for a while he ate a dog.
    Besides the run-on sentences which make this sound like an illiterate little kid wrote this, what does this add to the discussion?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"