Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Ouch! The New GOP ad against Obama 

2. #2 New GOP ad..... 
    I would think that it would be much more powerful if, interspersed with the current clips, would be the clips of the Reverend Wright, Father Plefger and Michelle Obama's rants against America.

Quote Originally Posted by CUNewbie View Post
    I would think that it would be much more powerful if, interspersed with the current clips, would be the clips of the Reverend Wright, Father Plefger and Michelle Obama's rants against America.
    Oh, that's coming. This is soft-pedaling right now. The GOP has to be careful. I think they're saving the big guns for October.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Oh, that's coming. This is soft-pedaling right now. The GOP has to be careful. I think they're saving the big guns for October.

Rumours float of Michelle Obama giving a "kill whitey" speech but no one has seen the video, if Hillary had it it would have been used.

Somehow I think the Clintons are better at finding dirt than the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aklover View Post
    Rumours float of Michelle Obama giving a "kill whitey" speech but no one has seen the video, if Hillary had it it would have been used.

Somehow I think the Clintons are better at finding dirt than the GOP.
    I have my doubts about that video. However, I don't doubt Michelle Obama really feels that way.

Eyelids
    Obama's name was not brought up once in the Rezko trial. Not referenced at all, even in passing.

Keep trying to push Plefger and Wright down America's throats and see what happens... because I'll tell you right now it's going to backfire.

noonwitch
    The "kill whitey" thing is not true. Michelle was giving an emotional speech about Bush's delay in responding to Katrina and said "why'd he".

I will say this-if the GOP wants to do negative campaign ads, they just threw the first dirt. They will get "Keating 5" thrown back at them.

The worst attacks I've seen so far on McCain come from the 2000 primaries (S Carolina in particular), and they did not come from the DNC.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The "kill whitey" thing is not true. Michelle was giving an emotional speech about Bush's delay in responding to Katrina and said "why'd he".

I will say this-if the GOP wants to do negative campaign ads, they just threw the first dirt. They will get "Keating 5" thrown back at them.

The worst attacks I've seen so far on McCain come from the 2000 primaries (S Carolina in particular), and they did not come from the DNC.
    Actually, noonwitch, that "Why'd he" was spin from the Obama campaign. And that spin is the only thing that leads me to believe there might be a tape at all: why spin on something that doesn't exist?

All the same, I doubt the tape's very existence and always have. I figure one day we'll see it on Snopes.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Obama's name was not brought up once in the Rezko trial. Not referenced at all, even in passing.

Keep trying to push Plefger and Wright down America's throats and see what happens... because I'll tell you right now it's going to backfire.
    Wright will work with some Reagan Democrats, but it isn't an election winner.

One point from the vid folks....
    I have no friggin' clue what "experience" means to people when it comes to government. But politicians sure do talk it up a lot...I guess because the public eats it up or something. How much do you need when it comes to confiscating taxes, and making deals to blood sucking lobbyists?

I'm much more concerned about Obama's or Hillary's inability to convey a blueprint for sound responsible government beyond sound bites and ubiquitous platitudes.
    McCain does no better in my book. I'm not convinced he will, protect our freedoms, cut Government spending, get rid of the Neo-con warlords that have infiltrated the party.... and he definitely ain't going to bring back Conservatism in it's Reaganesque vein
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor