Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The "kill whitey" thing is not true. Michelle was giving an emotional speech about Bush's delay in responding to Katrina and said "why'd he".

I will say this-if the GOP wants to do negative campaign ads, they just threw the first dirt. They will get "Keating 5" thrown back at them.

The worst attacks I've seen so far on McCain come from the 2000 primaries (S Carolina in particular), and they did not come from the DNC.

McCain was thrown in the Keating 5 because he was the only Republican with any connection whatsoever to him. The evidence against him amounted to absolutely ZERO. It was the only way the Dem congress would investigate the issue. They did not want the dirt to be thrown solely at them. This is according to Bill Clinton's lawyer, Bob Bennett who participated in the trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    McCain was thrown in the Keating 5 because he was the only Republican with any connection whatsoever to him. The evidence against him amounted to absolutely ZERO. It was the only way the Dem congress would investigate the issue. They did not want the dirt to be thrown solely at them. This is according to Bill Clinton's lawyer, Bob Bennett who participated in the trials.
    Do you have a link on that?

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The "kill whitey" thing is not true. Michelle was giving an emotional speech about Bush's delay in responding to Katrina and said "why'd he".
    Is that really it or are you just joking?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Obama's name was not brought up once in the Rezko trial. Not referenced at all, even in passing.

Keep trying to push Plefger and Wright down America's throats and see what happens... because I'll tell you right now it's going to backfire.
    Another lie:

Obama's Name Surfaces in Rezko Trial
    Barack Obama’s name just surfaced in today's opening arguments of the federal corruption trial of Antoin "Tony" Rezko, according to our ace reporter Melissa Murphy, who's at the trial.

Joe Duffy, a lawyer for Rezko, told jurors that his client met Obama when the presidential aspirant was a Harvard Law student, and that he tried to hire him to be general counsel for his construction company, an offer Obama apparently turned down.

Rezko supported many politicians, Duffy explained, as he laid out his argument against the government's laundry list of corruption charges.
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...-name-flo.html

Obama was a tangential figure at the trial, mentioned only a few times as a beneficiary of Rezko's fund-raising

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/r...ezko05.article

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Another lie:

Obama's Name Surfaces in Rezko Trial

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...-name-flo.html

Obama was a tangential figure at the trial, mentioned only a few times as a beneficiary of Rezko's fund-raising

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/r...ezko05.article
    Facts are interesting things, aren't they. :)

Oh, and look at this video made by a Hillary supporter who is voting for McCain (yep. Another one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovO8h...ww.hcsfjm.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Is that really it or are you just joking?
    She' right on this one. The tape isn't a smoking gun
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

7. #17 GOP ad 
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    McCain does no better in my book. I'm not convinced he will, protect our freedoms, cut Government spending, get rid of the Neo-con warlords that have infiltrated the party.... and he definitely ain't going to bring back Conservatism in it's Reaganesque vein
    On the most important issues, McCain just as well call himself a Democrat. The only area in which I can agree with him is in the WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    She' right on this one. The tape isn't a smoking gun
    Actually, the tape might not even exist. But that "Why'd he" thing is just spin. It came out the night before Larry Johnson said he was going to release the tape and was spread over the internet.

But, as I said, I don't even believe this tape exists.

Here's Obama's own words on it:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi..._question.html
    Obama denies a rumor and questions the question

Sen. Barack Obama on Thursday batted down rumors circulating on the Internet and mentioned on some cable news shows of the existence of a video of his wife using a derogatory term for white people, and criticized a reporter for asking him about the rumor, which has not a shred of evidence to support it.

“We have seen this before. There is dirt and lies that are circulated in e-mails and they pump them out long enough until finally you, a mainstream reporter, asks me about it,” Obama said to the McClatchy reporter during a press conference aboard his campaign plane. “That gives legs to the story. If somebody has evidence that myself or Michelle or anybody has said something inappropriate, let them do it.”

Asked whether he knew it not to be true, Obama said he had answered the question.

“Frankly, my hope is people don’t play this game,” Obama said. “It is a destructive aspect of our politics. Simply because something appears in an e-mail, that should lend it no more credence than if you heard it on the corner. Presumably the job of the press is to not to go around and spread scurrilous rumors like this until there is actually anything, an iota, of substance or evidence that would substantiate it.”...
    My question is, why invent "Why'd he" if the tape doesn't even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Aklover View Post
    Rumours float of Michelle Obama giving a "kill whitey" speech but no one has seen the video.
    It is my understanding that the Michelle "rant" is from a Conference in 2004 in which such people as Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby attended. Michelle starts by attacking Bill Clinton for not doing enough in Africa and escalates big time after that. Trinity United hosted the event and sold the DVD's of the event until the dust up in march of this year. The "rant" was a panel discussion that also included Mrs. Farrakhan.........Let's see what develops.