Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Iraq: Sides close to penning U.S. troop deal 
    Let's try to connect the dots for you, Sonnabend.

· Story Highlights

* NEW: Condoleezza Rice says deal outlines Iraqi sovereignty, U.S.-Iraq relationship
    * NEW: Rice speaks after meeting with Iraqi prime minister on unannounced visit
    * Trip comes amid reports of preliminary deal on the future of U.S. troops in Iraq
    * Iraqi official says U.S. troops to be out of cities June 30, 2009

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Washington and Baghdad are close to completing the terms of a bilateral pact that, among other things, might outline how long U.S. troops will remain in Iraq, the top U.S. and Iraqi envoys said Thursday.

The United States and Iraq "are working together as partners to make certain we cover the concerns of both parties," including Iraqi sovereignty and the nature of the war-ravaged nation's relationship with the U.S., Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said hours after arriving in Iraq on an unannounced visit.

Speaking alongside Rice at a news conference, Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said that "there has been a great deal of progress" in formulating a U.S.-Iraqi strategic framework agreement and both sides are "very close to finalizing" the pact.

Rice met earlier with Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.

Shortly after arriving in Baghdad, Rice said she planned to meet with top Iraqi officials on the status of negotiations to keep U.S. forces in Iraq after the expiration of a U.N. Security Council resolution later this year.

Rice said she thought it "might be useful to come out at this stage and get an update and be able to go back and brief the president" on what remains to be done.

"It's a very gratifying time because we're in a position where we believe we're going to be able to hand most security functions to the Iraqis," Rice said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/...raq/index.html

If you’re one of the bad guys in Iraq - hearing this - are you going to waste you ammo now, or are you going to wait until June? Or maybe even 2011? Do you remember when it was "a vile betrayal of our troops" and the mission to set a ‘withdrawal deadline.’

Guess that time has passed.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    I could write a very detailed rebuttal...despite the fact its 0043, and I am tired after a very long day. There is a lot wrong with your position..but as not one word would get through, and I would be using up valuable sleep time to do so...I wont bother.

Pearls - swine = you.

Suffice it to say, that I will not waste time on you, you will not listen even to reasoned arguments, you are a waste of time and space, and you and Eyelids are two sides of the same coin.

Both of you stupid, liberal, narrowminded defeatists.

Now before you do an Eyelids, and jump up and down and say "he didn't reply, he ran away"..I'll say this again.

I am going to bed.

LP, btw...connect this

* notice how he can’t help himself and ends up saying something anyway?

Ivan Petrovich Pavlov would be fascinated. :p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    * notice how he can’t help himself and ends up saying something anyway?

Ivan Petrovich Pavlov would be fascinated. :p
    So much for mods being the models of good behavior.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Sonnabend
    So much for mods being the models of good behavior.
    Patience has limits.

If you don’t know, Sonnabend, then you just don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Patience has limits.
    :p True.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor