Thread: CNN Poll Shock: Bush Even with Obama

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 CNN Poll Shock: Bush Even with Obama 
    Americans are divided over whether President Barack Obama or his predecessor has performed better in the White House, according to a new national poll.

And a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Friday also indicates in the battle for Congress, Republicans hold large advantages over the Democrats among independents, men and blue-collar whites. The poll also indicates that Republicans are much more enthusiastic than Democrats to vote.

By 47 to 45 percent, Americans say Obama is a better president than George W. Bush. But that two point margin is down from a 23 point advantage one year ago.

"Democrats may want to think twice about bringing up former President George W. Bush's name while campaigning this year," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

"But that doesn't mean that Americans regret their decision to put Obama in the White House in 2008. By a 50 to 42 percent margin, the public says that Obama has done a better job than Sen. John McCain would have done if he had won. And by a 10-point margin, Americans also say that Joe Biden has done a better job than Sarah Palin would have done as vice president," adds Holland.
    Heh... Bush climbed 23 points in the polls, and he's been living the quiet life.

I included the last paragraph, because I thought it the last sentance was pretty relevent. When Biden is out polling Palin, that just goes to show her feasability as a candidate.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...nt-than-obama/
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I included the last paragraph, because I thought it the last sentance was pretty relevent. When Biden is out polling Palin, that just goes to show her feasability as a candidate.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...nt-than-obama/
    You are a retard if you believe CNN's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You are a retard if you believe CNN's bullshit.
    I think that CNN would love to see her run. That is just another of the plethora of reasons that she won't, if she's smart that is. We'll see how smart she is soon enough.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I think that CNN would love to see her run. That is just another of the plethora of reasons that she won't, if she's smart that is. We'll see how smart she is soon enough.
    "smart" and "Palin" are mutually exclusive terms. :)
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Our bet is still on, right. She has indicated that she might run. I think there will be overwhelming support from the Tea Party folks for her to run.

Our bet is still on, right. She has indicated that she might run. I think there will be overwhelming support from the Tea Party folks for her to run.
    Not from this one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    "smart" and "Palin" are mutually exclusive terms. :)
    I guess you have to be an Ivy leaguer, be able to read a teleprompter, be a career politician and never run a business to be really smart. Those really, really, really, really, really smart Presidents (present and past for the last 10 years) have fucked this country beyond belief.

I guess you have to be an Ivy leaguer, be able to read a teleprompter, be a career politician and never run a business to be really smart. Those really, really, really, really, really smart Presidents (present and past for the last 10 years) have fucked this country beyond belief.
    So did every dumb mother fucker who thought they deserved a home loan when in fact they couldn't afford it..So it wasn't just Ivy League types.

Of course it's still on. And while there is perhaps overwhelming support for HER within the Tea Party, I disagree that support for her to run for 2012 is at all overwhelming. Beyond that, it is not those affiliated with the Tea Party that are going to kick the Dems out in November, it's the independent voters who may agree with some of what the Tea Party represents. I don't think that Palin garners nearly the adoration from that group (a big and growing group) that she does from HER base within the Tea Party.

Again, I think she plays the spokes model very, very well. I absolutely do not think she has the stamina for the rigors of the presidency and I am betting she knows that. However, she's also an ex-beauty queen and knows how to keep that spotlight trained on herself. Like I said, we'll see.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    So did every dumb mother fucker who thought they deserved a home loan when in fact they couldn't afford it..So it wasn't just Ivy League types.
    You are saying that Bush, Obama, Barney and Dodd are not Ivy League types. They are the ones that pushed the no money down, no job and don't give a shit if you can not make a payment on the mortgages. Could have fooled me. The dumb mother fuckers are not the ones that took out the loans; it's the ones listed above. They got to live in a house rent free for a year without making payment number one.