Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    "smart" and "Palin" are mutually exclusive terms. :)
    I guess that depends on what your definition of smart is.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I guess that depends on what your definition of smart is.
    Smart enough to make a couple of million in less than a year. We should all be that dumb.
    Smart enough to make big bucks on speaking tours
    Smart enough as Governor to back Exxon down on oil leases. Took the largest corporation in the US to court and won a suit forcing them to drill or give up the leases that they had been sitting on for many years.
    Smart enough to push the Natural gas pipe line from AK to the lower 48
    Smart enough to give taxpayers a refund from Oil revenues
    Smart enough to clean up the graft and corruption of the AK oil board
    Smart enough to have run a business with her husband.
    Plus she pisses off Obama, liberals and the left wing media on a regular basis.

But, hey, you have to be an inside the beltway, graduate from an Ivy league school and be a career politician to be smart. No thanks. I would rather have someone with a little over average intelligence, have some common sense and KNOW how to create jobs from PERSONAL experience than the political hacks that will be running in the Repub. primaries.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 10-08-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Smart enough to make a couple of million in less than a year. We should all be that dumb.

Plus she pisses off Obama, liberals and the left wing media on a regular basis.

But, hey, you have to be an inside the beltway, graduate from an Ivy league school and be a career politician to be smart. No thanks. I would rather have someone with a little over average intelligence, have some common sense and KNOW how to create jobs from PERSONAL experience than the political hacks that will be running in the Repub. primaries.
    It's really not that hard to make a cool fortune once you've been annointed into National politics. Once she got national recognition and quasi celebrity status, all it took was a book deal and speaking tours. Why...even William Hung figured out how to take adavantage of his situation to make some big money.

Sure she pisses off the media and the left. That's where the majority of the anger is always directed. If it were someone else in the limelight on the right, it would be "that" person. It was Bush, it was McCain, It was whoever was the poster child of the Republican party.

Let me tell you that I think the left is drooling at the prospects of putting her up.
    For me she is just not the "best" we've got to offer.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    It's really not that hard to make a cool fortune once you've been annointed into National politics. Once she got national recognition and quasi celebrity status, all it took was a book deal and speaking tours. Why...even William Hung figured out how to take adavantage of his situation to make some big money.

Sure she pisses off the media and the left. That's where the majority of the anger is always directed. If it were someone else in the limelight on the right, it would be "that" person. It was Bush, it was McCain, It was whoever was the poster child of the Republican party.

Let me tell you that I think the left is drooling at the prospects of putting her up.
    For me she is just not the "best" we've got to offer.
    I had to look up who W.H. is. I don't watch stupid shit like American Idol. If you do, more power to you. You don't really believe that Joe Biden, Dan Quayle and other VP books would have sold as many as Palin's,do you?

She scares the shit out of the left because of her message. Pure and simple. You say there are better alternatives; like who? Huck a buck who raised taxes in AR. Newt who has gotten soft in the head. Romney who is a RINO that signed health care legislation in MA. I don't see anyone better than her that will stand up to Obama in a debate. Someone like the new Gov. of NJ would. None of the members of Congress have had the balls to challenge Obama care, the stimulus, etc until the Tea Party took hold. Every one of them is a bunch of fucking wimps.

She has the grit to tough it out. Most politicians who had their privacy and character assassinated by the media would have written a book, made a few million and went back home to peace and quiet. Not her, she wants to be in there giving them hell. My kinda candidate who will not back down. You have to admire a fighter like her. That damn sure is a different animal than daddy Bush and Junior.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 10-08-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Smart enough to make big bucks on speaking tours.
    I rest my case. She would have to be stupid to throw that all away on a campaign that even people who like her as a person would not support because she is little more than a white, right, version of Barack Obama. I just hope she is smart enough to realize that.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I rest my case. She would have to be stupid to throw that all away on a campaign that even people who like her as a person would not support because she is little more than a white, right, version of Barack Obama. I just hope she is smart enough to realize that.
    You got the white and right part correct but that's it. I think she has big political ambitions but we will see.

I had to look up who W.H. is. I don't watch stupid shit like American Idol. If you do, more power to you. You don't really believe that Joe Biden, Dan Quayle and other VP books would have sold as many as Palin's,do you?
    I really don't watch any of that stuff. But I am aware of some pop culture references. And I'm aware of how all you have to do is act stupid and you can make money.

Palin and Obama, being a minority, offer a celebrity buffet in politics . Two WASP Politicians like Biden/Quale represent a snorefest. Of course people aren't going to buy their books.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor