1. #1 Obama’s Rolling Stone Interview Proves He's Out of Touch 
    http://politics.usnews.com/opinion/b...s-out-of-touch

Have you seen the interview with President Obama in the current issue of Rolling Stone magazine? In it, President Obama proves why he’s one of the most polarizing figures in politics today, and how deep his disconnect is with voters.

For example, rather than trying to woo members of the Tea Party movement heading into the midterms, he says that “their anger is misdirected” and claims they are funded by “some very traditional, very powerful, special interest lobbies,” implying that they are confused and manipulated--rather than taxpayers
    with valid concerns about spending. Asked about Fox News, he points out that although he swore to uphold the Constitution’s provision for a free press, that Fox News is “ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world.” Does he realize how many middle class voters watch Fox News?

Here’s the beginning of a long answer on how he thinks the left views him:

When I talk to Democrats around the country, I tell them, “Guys, wake up here.”

... I came in and had to prevent a Great Depression, restore the financial system so that it functions, and manage two wars. In the midst of all that, I ended one of those wars, at least in terms of combat operations. We passed historic healthcare legislation, historic financial regulatory reform and a huge number of legislative victories that people don't even notice. We wrestled away billions of dollars of profit that were going to the banks and middlemen through the student-loan program, and now we have tens of billions of dollars that are going directly to students to help them pay for college. We expanded national service more than we ever have before ...

This answer goes on and on, listing all his accomplishments, including “reinvigorating” the Middle East peace process, “resetting” relations with Russia, and “changing world opinion” on human rights. He later goes on to give long answers about financial regulation, the war in Afghanistan, and climate change, with a shorter mention of “don’t ask, don’t tell.” He calls his “the most successful administration in a generation in moving progressive agendas forward.”

Really not much straight discussion about the economy or jobs or reining in the deficit, except to hit Republicans for gridlock and tax cuts for “the wealthiest Americans.” No mention of independent voters.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

Wow what an idiot. The funny thing is that liberals always keep saying Obama is right-wing, yet he emboldens pretty much all of their positions, including stuff that shouldn't be relevant to the Presidency (such as opinions on certain TV stations).
    he says that “their anger is misdirected” and claims they are funded by “some very traditional, very powerful, special interest lobbies,”
    Actually Mr. Obama, my position to take on a conservative/libertarian viewpoint comes from my belief in what our Founding Fathers feared about the size of government and how a large bureaucracy always mis-manages itself and creates a burden on civilians, through losses of civil liberties and economic freedoms. That was defined before you were elected Mr. Obama (in fact, I would say my viewpoint came around because of Bush). We would still have an outraged populace regardless of who funds it. Plus Mr. Obama, you were also the recipient of foreign money and other sources that you've bashed Republicans for, such as oil company donations.
    Fox News is “ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world.”
    This, of course, coming from the same person who views Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow providing "an invaluable service" to our nation. While I don't watch Fox News on a regular basis, they're certainly a breath of fresh air compared to other news stations where they a) ignore the conservative viewpoint (such as NPR), b) downplay non-liberals as being somehow intellectually inferior and/or c) focus on criticizing the conservative position when the liberal position isn't working. If anything, I'd say that without Fox News, the media would be continuing its policy of destruction on the middle class. Mr. President, if you can't take criticism from one measly news station, then I would hope that you would resign the Presidency and seek out professional help for your personal problems.
    When I talk to Democrats around the country, I tell them, “Guys, wake up here.”...
    Mr. Obama, while I shouldn't be surprised, I would have hoped that you would have turned off your campaign mode on Jan 20, 2009. Fine, you did do some stuff, but that certainly doesn't mean what you did was 100% perfect and we certainly have a right to criticize it.
    “People need to buck up” and “stop sitting on their hands,” he says to his supporters. Continuing on this theme later this week, he told a crowd at a Democratic campaign event to “stop sulking.”
    Well Mr. President, perhaps you should look at yourself if you want to find the answer. In the meantime, keep pissing off your base on both sides (how the heck do you do that?). I'm sure they'll be dashing to support your fellow liberals in November.
    the most successful administration in a generation in moving progressive agendas forward.
    I would say he's more than out-of-touch. I'd say he's delusional. Apparently because he has to take big problems he thinks he can get an immunity from all this. I will agree that his administration has been the most successful in pushing the liberal agenda, but it's certainly not a success for the whole country.

Narcissus or Narkissos (Greek: Νάρκισσος), possibly derived from ναρκη (narke) meaning "sleep, numbness," in Greek mythology was a hunter from the territory of Thespiae in Boeotia who was renowned for his beauty. He was exceptionally proud, in that he disdained those who loved him. As divine punishment he fell in love with his own reflection in a pool, not realizing it was merely an image, and he wasted away to death, not being able to leave the beauty of his own reflection.

Link
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)