1. #1 ZOMFG. Simples is Good. Rosemary Cream Sauce. 
    Every now and then, this happens. I find something really easy to cook that I should have figured out long ago how to do.

Rosemary Cream Sauce

Ingredienti:

• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
    • 2 tablespoons butter
    • 2 cups heavy cream
    • 1/2 cup seasoned stock

Method for sauce:

Chop the rosemary leaves very thoroughly
    In a small saucepan, sauté them briskly in the butter, to the point where they emit a pleasing odour.
    Put stock and cream in, turn the heat down and let it run.

Cook your other stuff to taste and time whatever you choose to finish with the sauce.

How simple can this be?

Served tonight with some very nice organically raised lamb chops (baaa), lumache, broccoli and cauliflower. I dumped the pasta into the sauce and let it cook in a bit before serving.

We had a very nice American Cab Sauv with this, a Gallo 2009, I think it was. It went very well, indeed.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

That sounds great, Hamp. Rosemary is probably my favorite seasoning. I must try this.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Interesting - I grow Rosemary so I can easily try this. You're reducing this quite a bit, I'd guess.

I made rosemary pesto this year. My sister brought me a huge beautiful branch of rosemary and I couldn't think of what to do with it before it went. (it had broken off a huge plant she has). So I throw it in the food processor with olive oil and salt a bit of chopped garlic too. Then I put it in little one ounce mason jars and froze it.

I think we are going to have some tomorrow night. Funny I just took my first jar out to defrost today and saw this lovely recipe.

I'll post how it turned out, because I have never tried pesto'izing it before.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Interesting - I grow Rosemary so I can easily try this. You're reducing this quite a bit, I'd guess.
    Yes, definitely. I used single cream (light), so it was on the burner for a while. Heavier cream I'm guessing won't need so much time.

It does go very well with small-shell pasta like lumache.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Yes, definitely. I used single cream (light), so it was on the burner for a while. Heavier cream I'm guessing won't need so much time.

It does go very well with small-shell pasta like lumache.
    I'll give it a whirl. :)