1. #1 Professor Emiritus Hal Lewis Resigns from American Physical Society 
    http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=38460

Below is Hal Lewis’ resignation letter made public, via the GWPF.

Lewis is the Professor Emiritus of physics at the University of California at Santa Barbara.

This is an important moment in science history. I would describe it as a letter on the scale of Martin Luther, nailing his 95 theses to the Wittenburg church door. It is worthy of repeating this letter in entirety on every blog that discusses science.

What I would really like to see though, is this public resignation letter given the same editorial space as Michael Mann in today’s Washington Post.

Here are some excerpts from his letter:

-When I first joined the American Physical Society sixty-seven years ago it was much smaller, much gentler, and as yet uncorrupted by the money flood (a threat against which Dwight Eisenhower warned a half-century ago).

-How different it is now. The giants no longer walk the earth, and the money flood has become the raison d’être of much physics research, the vital sustenance of much more, and it provides the support for untold numbers of professional jobs.

-It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist. Anyone who has the faintest doubt that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate documents, which lay it bare. (Montford’s book organizes the facts very well.) I don’t believe that any real physicist, nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion. I would almost make that revulsion a definition of the word scientist.

And Rachel Maddow had the nerve to scoff at Art Robinson in her attack piece, and laugh at the notion that anyone would not believe in AGW. Maddow, “the Rhodes Scholar.”
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

Sonnabend
    According to wilbur, another "crackpot". From a man with zero qualifications in anything but headupyourassitis.