Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Originally Posted by JB
    I'll play
    .
    Who the fuck are you?
    Be careful there kid. JB is a man of taste and sophistication (like some others I might know). He truly understands the value of professional wrestling, EPL, and cycling. The man's got class. :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    or the godless who force others to perform acts against their conscience?
    So should we then let Muslim nurses refuse to uncover or wash their arms since it offends their religious modesty (while working in a hospital)? Would that be "Godless"?

    Your statement is quite broad... coercing someone to act against their conscience is something that is done regularly by religious and non-religious alike. However, what it has to do with "Godlessness" I do not know.
    Last edited by wilbur; 08-20-2008 at 08:53 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member Space Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    1,435
    I'm having a hard time mustering up sympathy for the doctors. I also don't feel bad for the pharmacists in the news once a year or so who will refuse to administer birth control or a morning after pill. They know, full well, that's it's a reasonable possibility by choosing this vocation it might put them at odds, or in contact with those that don't share their faith.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    I'm having a hard time mustering up sympathy for the doctors. I also don't feel bad for the pharmacists in the news once a year or so who will refuse to administer birth control or a morning after pill. They know, full well, that's it's a reasonable possibility by choosing this vocation it might put them at odds, or in contact with those that don't share their faith.
    What about the concept of referrals ? that a big no no ?

    There are certain floor plans I refuse to build because in my opinion they are crap. Should I be forced to build them anyway instead of referring the client to a different contractor If I can't convince them the FP is crap ?
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    I'm having a hard time mustering up sympathy for the doctors. I also don't feel bad for the pharmacists in the news once a year or so who will refuse to administer birth control or a morning after pill. They know, full well, that's it's a reasonable possibility by choosing this vocation it might put them at odds, or in contact with those that don't share their faith.
    I tend consider the Doc who for example has been practicing for 40 years and because of a recent change in the law is required to perform a procedure he is fundamentally opposed to. He or She is now required to perform the procedure for all or no one with no Grandfathering.

    Ultimately I guess they could stop practicing any medicine that might cause them to have to compromise and I suppose some will.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

    You Say The Battle Is Over
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    I tend consider the Doc who for example has been practicing for 40 years and because of a recent change in the law is required to perform a procedure he is fundamentally opposed to. He or She is now required to perform the procedure for all or no one with no Grandfathering.
    You know this is different from abortion...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    You know this is different from abortion...
    Because it's so similar to plastic surgery?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Because it's so similar to plastic surgery?
    Well, thats a procedure which is decided on by the patient themself.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member Space Gravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What about the concept of referrals ? that a big no no ?

    There are certain floor plans I refuse to build because in my opinion they are crap. Should I be forced to build them anyway instead of referring the client to a different contractor If I can't convince them the FP is crap ?
    Not really a good comparison.

    You refuse to build that floor plan for EVERYONE.

    I'm under the impression from the article they refused to perform this procedure for a certain population group but will for others. That's the problem I have with it.
    Last edited by Space Gravy; 08-21-2008 at 07:38 AM.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Well, thats a procedure which is decided on by the patient themself.
    Uh, plastic surgery includes reconstruction, "boob jobs" for women who have radical mastectomies, other cosmetic repairs. Easy on the broad brush, some "cosmetic surgery" is optional, yes, but not all plastic surgery..not by a long chalk.

    A plastic surgery repair for a cleft palate isn't a life threatening issue, and you could argue it is "optional"..I'd argue that it's essential surgery.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •