Thread: Wondering Wednesday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Wondering Wednesday. 
    Mr. Snaps survived his hornet/yellow-jacket encounter but it did not improve his mood. He relaunched his attack at dusk but it's too soon to tell how effective this may be. We are having perfect summer weather here and I've eaten about all the summer squash I need to eat for the rest of my life.

TOTD: As many of you know, CUer Salisar and I are going to attend the DNC to document the general insanity. We are not going to the Walk On Water speech and we can't get into the convention itself but there are still many options open.

What do you want us to document specifically? We will meet with the Minute Men and the Pro-Life groups, naturally. Salisar wants to find Code Pink and Mother Sheehan. We will have the ability to take both pics and clips. We are certainly going for one day and probably two but we don't want to be there after dark. We will put all our research into a blog or thread here on CU along with all the pics.

What's your pleasure? :D

I want to see the yahoos who are moved to the "Free Speech Zone." I'm sure there will be some real winners there.

Any women who are fainting in anticipation of his holiness, any media who are orgasmic in anticipation of his holiness, that sort of thing.

I have this image in my head that the crowd will be similar to those attending a Beatles or Jonas Brothers concert. Lots of people carried away on stretchers, oxygen tanks fully utilized....you get the idea. Prove me wrong. :D

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I want to see the yahoos who are moved to the "Free Speech Zone." I'm sure there will be some real winners there.

Any women who are fainting in anticipation of his holiness, any media who are orgasmic in anticipation of his holiness, that sort of thing.

I have this image in my head that the crowd will be similar to those attending a Beatles or Jonas Brothers concert. Lots of people carried away on stretchers, oxygen tanks fully utilized....you get the idea. Prove me wrong. :D
    Note to self: Jen wants pics of the Freedom Cage and the groupies. :D

OOOO! OOOO!
    PLEASE take lots of photos of the protest signs!

Those are always amusing and lend themselves well to photoshop.

Also you may want to consider wearing soemthing with the flag on it and recording the nice compliments you recieve from the many patriotic liberals that will be there! :D

Also if you hit "Radio Row" get Hannity's autograph for me wouldja? :)

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    OOOO! OOOO!
    PLEASE take lots of photos of the protest signs!

Those are always amusing and lend themselves well to photoshop.

Also you may want to consider wearing soemthing with the flag on it and recording the nice compliments you recieve from the many patriotic liberals that will be there! :D

Also if you hit "Radio Row" get Hannity's autograph for me wouldja? :)
    It's all going on the list, guy.

We had contemplated dressing in hippie camo to blend in but we agreed that barking laughter would give us away. We're toying with the 'Clueless Tourist' look right now.

Let me know when/what you're going to be doing. I intend to seek out some of the most radical factions with some friends and conduct a little man on the street interview with them.

I hope to shoot some great video. :D
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    Let me know when/what you're going to be doing. I intend to seek out some of the most radical factions with some friends and conduct a little man on the street interview with them.

I hope to shoot some great video. :D
    We're still planning our itinerary but I'll let you know when I have more concrete plans. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    May the force be with you, Ginger. You're a brave soul.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

If you're there on Wednesday:
    HawkeyeX Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-20-08 01:06 PM
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x6674619
    National DU Meetup (in Denver during the DNC Convention) - Wednesday August 27th, 7pm at Racine's

I have made the arrangements with the great people at Racine's to have a long table of 15 each side (up to 30 people) for our DU meetup next Wednesday night!!!

All who comes to Denver as delegates, or as DU representatives are cordially invited!

NOTE: This is all seperate checks with 20% tip on top of it - and their menu is variety of different food for everyone:

Location: Racine's Restaurant - 650 Sherman St, Denver CO 80203 - (303)595-0418

It's about 10 minutes from the DNC convention.

http://www.racinesrestaurant.com /

Menu selection: http://www.racinesrestaurant.com/menus.htm

It's very easy to get there via cab, bus, or car (Free parking) - if you need instructions on how to get there by bus, PM me.

Elad will be there as a official Democratic Underground representative.

Any other questions - feel free to PM me.

Hawkeye-X

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We're still planning our itinerary but I'll let you know when I have more concrete plans. :D
    Monday night will feature a tribute to Senator Edward M. Kennedy. Denver PD will be setting up DUI checkpoints all along the river.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over