1. #1 Democrats' attack ad sets new low for midterm mud 
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/ente..._with_tho.html

Check out this new ad from the Democratic National Committee. I am sure we are nowhere near touching bottom on the level to which these attack ads will sink by Nov.2, but this is a new low so far into the midterm battle.

Here is what's so appalling to me: The ad makes the totally unsubstantiated charge that the Chamber of Commerce is taking money from foreign interests and using it to "steal our democracy." And worse, President Obama is out on the campaign trail, according to the New York Times, creating an echo chamber by making the same reckless claims just as the ad hits the airwaves. And when CBS newsman Bob Schieffer Sunday asks David Axelrod if there is any proof for the claim, the senior Obama aide says they don't need proof -- it's up to the Chamber of Commerce to prove it isn't true.

The Democratic National Commitee is using the same sort of tactic and logic that Sen. Joe McCarthy used in the 1950s: Level a headline-grabbing and unsubstantiated charge, like the State Department is filled with communists, and then say it is up to the State Department and the employees so charged to prove it is not true.

So much for hope and change; this is the politics of fear, slander and divisiveness on the eve of an election that looks as if it could deliver a damning verdict on the first two years of the Obama administration.

And check out the woman being mugged in the parking garage. By the visual logic of this ad, Karl Rove and Ed Gillespie are the muggers.

And this admninistration, with this attitude toward unsubstantiated charges and standards of proof, wants to control the press and determine whether a news organization should or should not be considered legitimate.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

Clinical insanity...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/10/1...ce-backfiring/

When the New York Times punctures a White House meme, it can reasonably be considered a flop. Last week, Barack Obama himself accused the Chamber of Commerce of using foreign money to push its domestic political activism, which would violate election law. Unfortunately, as the Times reports, the White House had absolutely no evidence of any wrongdoing. And Obama failed to mention that plenty of groups on the Left, especially labor unions, raise money outside the US as well.

This is nothing but typical of the Democrats. Notice how none of their ads ever mention the issues? And I do mean none. They are all attack, mud slinging ads. This is their M.O. They can't stand on the issues so they marginalize and attack. What they don't seem to understand is that voters are tired of this shit. This is why they are going to lose and lose royally in a few weeks.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This is nothing but typical of the Democrats. Notice how none of their ads ever mention the issues? And I do mean none. They are all attack, mud slinging ads. This is their M.O. They can't stand on the issues so they marginalize and attack. What they don't seem to understand is that voters are tired of this shit. This is why they are going to lose and lose royally in a few weeks.
    I said that...

Only with fewer words :p
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot