Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Source: Brown's wife called Whitman a 'whore' 
    Source: Brown's wife called Whitman a 'whore'
    Sunday, October 10, 2010

California Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman talks to reporters in Santa Monica, Calif., Thursday, Sept. 30, 2010. (AP Photo/Reed Saxon)

Fox News is claiming it has sources whom have identified the person in Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jerry Brown's campaign who called Republican challenger Meg Whitman a "whore."

The comment was accidentally recorded on voice mail after Brown thought he hung up the phone after leaving a message for the Los Angeles Police Union.

Fox News says people with knowledge of what happened say it was Brown's wife who suggested calling Whitman a "whore," for cutting a deal to get the union's endorsement.

Brown's campaign did not respond to ABC7's e-mails on Sunday and they still haven't said who said it.

ABC

I think this issue was blown completely out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I think this issue was blown completely out of proportion.
    I dunno. There's an accepted double-standard in politics when it comes to insults. For example, there are insulting terms that could be used against a white politician that cannot be used against a black politician. There is a similar thing with women. You just can't call a female politician a whore in the same way that term could be used against a male.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I dunno. There's an accepted double-standard in politics when it comes to insults. For example, there are insulting terms that could be used against a white politician that cannot be used against a black politician. There is a similar thing with women. You just can't call a female politician a whore in the same way that term could be used against a male.
    And that double standard is ridiculous. I call certain male professionals in my area "whores" all the time. I would see no issue with calling a female with similar characteristics a whore as well.

And that double standard is ridiculous. I call certain male professionals in my area "whores" all the time. I would see no issue with calling a female with similar characteristics a whore as well.
    Then you'd have to open up the racial/ethnic epithet thing as well.

She's hawt, the bag lady look!

If she is saying what she appears to be saying, she's a good choice. Especially if she is informing us what the DIM's plan is.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    I find using that kind of language trashy in mixed company. Something I would never do in a business setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Then you'd have to open up the racial/ethnic epithet thing as well.
    How so? A whore, used in that context, has nothing to do with a woman's sexual virtue, and it's gender neutral.

Banned
    How so? A whore, used in that context, has nothing to do with a woman's sexual virtue, and it's gender neutral.
    From a lawyer's standpoint, maybe. From the rest of us no f....g way it is gender neutral.