Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1 Chilean Miners Being Rescued As I Post 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,912
    Unbelievable watching this. 69 days in that hole and now they're coming up. Very emotional.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,894
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Unbelievable watching this. 69 days in that hole and now they're coming up. Very emotional.
    I've been watching it. When they get done pulling the miners out of the hole they need to shove some of the psychologists and experts in.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,912
    How much you want to bet that a good many of these men used their faith on God to keep them going.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,894
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    How much you want to bet that a good many of these men used their faith on God to keep them going.
    A good many if not most were catholic, they showed the little shrines their families had made for them at the beginning of the coverage.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    A good many if not most were catholic, they showed the little shrines their families had made for them at the beginning of the coverage.
    But don't tell Wilbur that. You know, he thinks religious people are stoopid.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,894
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    But don't tell Wilbur that. You know, he thinks religious people are stoopid.
    The psycho babble really was irritating, they went through this whole list of syndromes these guys would have, I half expected the first dude to be a basket case but when he got out he ran around hooting and hollering and praising his country.
    Imagine that, they allow patriotism there.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,952
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •