Hybrid View

1. #1 More Info about the Confederate Flag 
    gator
    You know that there was story in the news late last week about putting up at giganic Confederate flag at the junction of I-4 and I-75 in Tampa. It was going to be put on private property.

Two news stories today.

First is that the lawyers for the Hillsborough County Commissioners said there was nothing the County could do about it. It will go up if the people want to erect it.

Second story. On the way to my consulting office this morning the guy in charge of the project was on the radio. He said he had asked the Hillsborough County Commissioner to issue a Confederate Heritage Proclamation. He said the HCC issues several Proclamations every week on any thing you and your little brown dog can imagine. Because of the attitude of a snooty Black Commissioner the Proclamation was never even voted on.

He said that he decided to put up the flag as a protest against the County Commission being so goddamn stupid as not to honor the heritage of Confederacy, which the State of Florida was a member.

He also mentioned that he has all the money he needs to put the flag and he will do it.

God Bless him.

Vepr
    Wait...let me check... yep we still won. ;) :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    *adds Vepr to "filthy yankee bastard" list.*
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

funny...The Civil war is one of the few wars where the losers wrote the history. :D
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    funny...The Civil war is one of the few wars where the losers wrote the history. :D
    :eek: You Didn't! :D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Vepr
    I actually bemoan the states rights issue but I had not poked at Gator since coming back so it needed to be done. Plus I am not technically a Yankee. I live in Georgia and I have been informed by my southern friends that people from Iowa are not truly Yankees. :)

gator
    I have been informed by my southern friends that people from Iowa are not truly Yankees. :)
    They were lying to you so as not to make you feel bad.

I actually bemoan the states rights issue but I had not poked at Gator since coming back so it needed to be done. Plus I am not technically a Yankee. I live in Georgia and I have been informed by my southern friends that people from Iowa are not truly Yankees. :)
    Actually, in South GA, we consider anyone north of Macon a yankee. I'll tell you like I tell my buddy that moved here from Chicago. You'll always be a Yankee and your children will be Yankees. It'll take at least 2 generations to clean that yankee out of your blood.

You know, I actually forget sometimes that Florida fought in the Civil War. I guess it's because there are more Yankees there now than southerners.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    You should add the Cold War to that list too.