Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Mexican investigator in Falcon Lake case beheaded, officials say 
    Mexican investigator in Falcon Lake case beheaded, officials say

By the CNN Wire Staff
    October 13, 2010 11:04 a.m. EDT

(CNN) -- The lead Mexican investigator in the Falcon Lake case, Rolando Armando Flores Villegas, has been killed, his severed head delivered Tuesday in a suitcase to the Mexican military, officials told CNN.

"His head was delivered to the army garrison this morning in a suitcase after he failed to report back home last night," Zapata County, Texas, Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez Jr. said.

A spokesman for the attorney general of Tamaulipas state in Mexico, Ruben Dario-Rios, confirmed the killing Tuesday afternoon in a telephone interview.

The report came a day after authorities in the Tamaulipas state attorney general's office gave conflicting information on whether authorities were pursuing a pair of suspects in the case of David Michael Hartley's disappearance.

Hartley's wife, Tiffany, told authorities that her husband was fatally shot September 30 during a sightseeing trip the two were taking on Falcon Lake, which straddles the border.

While Luis Homero Uvalle, a spokesman for the office, told CNN the suspects are brothers who are "well known to this area" -- identifying them only as "El 27" and "El 31" -- Dario-Rios, the chief spokesman for the attorney general said, "We have nothing official about suspects in the disappearance of David Hartley. I do not know where that is coming from."

Dario-Rios said Monday that Flores had not indicated to him that any suspects had been identified.

Eva Rodriguez, Flores' secretary, said the news of his death came as a surprise. "We saw [Rolando] last night," she said. "After he came back [from the search for Hartley] we were all together here in the office. That was the last time any of us saw him."

She said she was not aware that Flores -- whom she described as "very dedicated to his job" -- had received any threats from narcotraffickers.

"What can you do?" she asked. "We're still going to be here. We still have to work."

And, despite the fact that "we're all scared right now," their work will go on, she vowed. "The investigation and search will still continue," she said.

CNN

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    maybe someone is doing one of those copycat murders.

So in the investigation we were left behind and they got ahead?

I think we need to nuke Northeastern Mexico from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I think we need to nuke Northeastern Mexico from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.
    No, just a few fast attack craft on the lake with very loose Rules of Engagement.

Oh, and we need to go back to hanging pirates upon capture.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No, just a few fast attack craft on the lake with very loose Rules of Engagement.

Oh, and we need to go back to hanging pirates upon capture.
    I guess this sort of puts an end to their attempt to try to make it look like the wife made up the story.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

A sensible drug reform would not only bring in billions in tax revenue, it would save billions in costs of prosecuting non-violent offenders, and cut off the (by far) number one funding source of the Cartels.

We can take some of that money and use it to secure the border

Unfortunately our nation is too busy talking about death panels and witches to look at sensible ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    A sensible drug reform would not only bring in billions in tax revenue, it would save billions in costs of prosecuting non-violent offenders, and cut off the (by far) number one funding source of the Cartels.

Unfortunately our nation is too busy talking about death panels and witches to look at sensible ideas
    Sensible drug reform is a kin to a cheerful surrender to the enemy. Its the 'if you can't beat them join them' mentality run amok.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Yeah, like you want to secure the border. Pull the other one.

Obamacare is about rationing, and there are panels which will oversee that. Don't like the term "death panel"? What would you call a board that has the power to pull your health care, life support or drugs? And it's the left that raised the witchcraft issue. If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. I'm sure that the voters of Delaware would much rather discuss Obama's agenda and how the Democratic candidate for senate will vote on cap and trade, Don't Ask Don't Tell, tax cuts and the repeal of Obamacare. Let the conversation begin...
    Sensible drug reform is a kin to a cheerful surrender to the enemy. Its the 'if you can't beat them join them' mentality run amok.
    There are some reforms that would actually make sense (although I doubt that they are the ones that Wei wants). One example would be decriminalization of prescription marijuana, which does have some legitimate medical uses. It doesn't make sense to me that a doctor can prescribe morphine for pain, but not THC for chemotherapy-related nausea relief and glaucoma relief. It would still be illegal to light up a joint if you didn't have a prescription, and we could focus on things like DUI, which would carry more severe penalties.

Of course, Wei will continue to get stoned and post here, but what can you do?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Of course, Wei will continue to get stoned and post here, but what can you do?
    Point and laugh at his stupidity like I always do.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf