Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Full scale military action against the cartels and gangs is the only way to fix this. Create a buffer zone, fully protected. Tell the UN to go F**k itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Point and laugh at his stupidity like I always do.
    Never underestimate the value of pointing and laughing, especially as birth control. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsedriver View Post
    Full scale military action against the cartels and gangs is the only way to fix this. Create a buffer zone, fully protected. Tell the UN to go F**k itself.
    In this case, certainly. The lake is a border area. Our side of it can be patrolled by the US Navy without any issue. There is no excuse for this lack of security.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Sensible drug reform is a kin to a cheerful surrender to the enemy. Its the 'if you can't beat them join them' mentality run amok.
    No it's not. The drug smugglers don't win if we legalize drugs, why do you think all of the illegal pot growers are currently fighting prop 19 in california?

Legalizing black market commodities hurts criminals.

Drugs themselves are not the enemy, especially such a benign drug as Marijuana, this isn't the 30's anymore, reefer madness is funny ironic nostalgia and nothing else.

We can keep funding our enemies protecting their underground assets, or we can de-fund our enemies by legalizing it and bringing the market out of their control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Obamacare is about rationing, and there are panels which will oversee that. Don't like the term "death panel"? What would you call a board that has the power to pull your health care, life support or drugs?
    I call that a ridiculously expensive insurance company who is legally obligated to put profits before my health.

And it's the left that raised the witchcraft issue. If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. I'm sure that the voters of Delaware would much rather discuss Obama's agenda and how the Democratic candidate for senate will vote on cap and trade, Don't Ask Don't Tell, tax cuts and the repeal of Obamacare. Let the conversation begin...
    Yes I'd much rather talk about DADT, Bush tax cuts, health care reform.

The Witch thing was a funny joke for a while but seriously we need to focus on issues.

There are some reforms that would actually make sense (although I doubt that they are the ones that Wei wants). One example would be decriminalization of prescription marijuana, which does have some legitimate medical uses. It doesn't make sense to me that a doctor can prescribe morphine for pain, but not THC for chemotherapy-related nausea relief and glaucoma relief.
    I totally agree. In fact doctors are able to use Cocaine in proper medical settings but it's illegal to use Marijuana. It is absurd and outdated.

It would still be illegal to light up a joint if you didn't have a prescription, and we could focus on things like DUI, which would carry more severe penalties.
    I'm in favor of total decriminalization and legalization. Let people smoke a joint if they want. Let's focus on things like DUI's, I agree. Let's enforce strict regulations on businesses that attempt to sell to minors and get tax benefits.

Marijuana is FAR less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco, let's not cling so hard onto the propaganda of past decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I call that a ridiculously expensive insurance company who is legally obligated to put profits before my health.
    No, because an insurance company cannot deny you care. They can deny you coverage (but if you are already covered, they are legally required to meet their contractual obgligations), but in a competitive market, someone else may not, or you can pay out of pocket. With a government board, however, they can not only deny you care, but punish any provider who defies them and keeps you alive. And, government boards aren't bound by contracts. They can unilaterally change the rules whenever they want. Wave bye bye to Grandma, kids. Obama doesn't think that her heart surgery is a valid allocation of resources.

Yes I'd much rather talk about DADT, Bush tax cuts, health care reform.

The Witch thing was a funny joke for a while but seriously we need to focus on issues.
    Works for me. But when those subjects come up, Democrats run like scalded cats. Wonder why that is...?

I totally agree. In fact doctors are able to use Cocaine in proper medical settings but it's illegal to use Marijuana. It is absurd and outdated.
    I'm in favor of total decriminalization and legalization. Let people smoke a joint if they want. Let's focus on things like DUI's, I agree. Let's enforce strict regulations on businesses that attempt to sell to minors and get tax benefits.

Marijuana is FAR less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco, let's not cling so hard onto the propaganda of past decades.
    Since you agree with my premise, I must re-examine it and determine where I was wrong. :D
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The lake is a border area. Our side of it can be patrolled by the US Navy without any issue. There is no excuse for this lack of security.
    Apparently the Mexican Navy can patrol our side without any issue too. Let us not forget about the 2 incidents (that we know of) where Mexican Navy helicopters were flying low over neighborhoods in Texas! Without permission. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Apparently the Mexican Navy can patrol our side without any issue too. Let us not forget about the 2 incidents (that we know of) where Mexican Navy helicopters were flying low over neighborhoods in Texas! Without permission. :mad:
    And to think that FT Bliss is where they train Air Defense Artillery. Talk about a missed training opportunity. >sigh<
    --Odysseus