Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 President Obama Looks Forward — and Back 
    President Obama Looks Forward — and Back
    By MICHAEL D. SHEAR

In the magazine article, Mr. Obama reflects on the first two years of his presidency.

President Obama said that he expected Republicans to offer him more cooperation after November’s elections, no matter the outcome.

In an hour-long interview with the Times’s White House correspondent, Peter Baker, Mr. Obama predicted that his political rivals would either be chastened by falling short of their electoral goals or burdened with the new responsibility that comes from achieving them.

“It may be that regardless of what happens after this election, they feel more responsible, either because they didn’t do as well as they anticipated, and so the strategy of just saying no to everything and sitting on the sidelines and throwing bombs didn’t work for them,” Mr. Obama said. “Or they did reasonably well, in which case the American people are going to be looking to them to offer serious proposals and work with me in a serious way.”

The president’s comments are reported in an in-depth assessment of Mr. Obama’s first two years in office that appears in the Times Magazine this Sunday.

In the article, which is based on interviews with nearly two dozen of the president’s advisers in addition to the president himself, Mr. Baker offers a series of inside details about Mr. Obama’s time in the White House, including:

* According to his wife, Michelle Obama, Mr. Obama is not particularly fond of the presidential retreat at Camp David. Mrs. Obama reports that her husband, a longtime resident of Chicago, is more at ease in an urban setting.
    * Pete Rouse, Mr. Obama’s new chief of staff, bet the deputy chief of staff, Jim Messina, $400 that he would be gone from the White House by the end of this year. Mr. Messina predicted that Mr. Rouse would stay well beyond that date.
    * Mr. Obama — unlike most of his senior staff — does not have an iPad. Asked why, he said: “Because I have an iReggie,” a reference to his personal aide, Reggie Love.

In the magazine article, Mr. Obama reflects on his presidency, admitting that he let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend Democrat,” realized too late that “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects” and perhaps should have “let the Republicans insist on the tax cuts” in the stimulus.
    Interesting.

The Caucus

Ever the optimist.

In the magazine article, Mr. Obama reflects on his presidency, admitting that he let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend Democrat,” realized too late that “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects” and perhaps should have “let the Republicans insist on the tax cuts” in the stimulus.
    Read that earlier today. I have to say this paragraph has instilled the most "respect" I've had for him since I heard of his name.

I just wish we'd see more like it out of him.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

President Obama Looks Forward — and Back
    By MICHAEL D. SHEAR

In the magazine article, Mr. Obama reflects on the first two years of his presidency.

President Obama said that he expected Republicans to offer him more cooperation after November’s elections, no matter the outcome.
    It's the other way around moron.

In an hour-long interview with the Times’s White House correspondent, Peter Baker, Mr. Obama predicted that his political rivals would either be chastened by falling short of their electoral goals or burdened with the new responsibility that comes from achieving them.
    Chastened? Not likely. Burdened? Please give Conservatives this burden.

“It may be that regardless of what happens after this election, they feel more responsible, either because they didn’t do as well as they anticipated, and so the strategy of just saying no to everything and sitting on the sidelines and throwing bombs didn’t work for them,” Mr. Obama said. “Or they did reasonably well, in which case the American people are going to be looking to them to offer serious proposals and work with me in a serious way.”
    Liar! The GOP had many options for you. You either shut them out -LITERALLY- or refused to take their advice. You sir are a lying piece of crap.:mad: YOU need to work with the Congress Mr P-resident. I predict you will be obstructionist with your veto pen.
    * According to his wife, Michelle Obama, Mr. Obama is not particularly fond of the presidential retreat at Camp David. Mrs. Obama reports that her husband, a longtime resident of Chicago, is more at ease in an urban setting.
    Well go back,,,please!
    He let himself "look" too much like what he actually IS?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Obama is a lying sack of shit and anyone that believes this crap needs their heads examined. I look for not only gridlock when the Repubs take over the House but a Government shut down. The most left wing liberal President in my lifetime will not sit idly by and allow the repeal of health care and cutting the budget. The sorry ass Democrats left town to campaign for re-election without passing a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Ever the optimist.
    Who? Obama for his remarks or me for posting it?

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Mr. Obama reflects on his presidency, admitting that he let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend Democrat,” realized too late that “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects”

So let me get this straight.

After WASTING 1 TRILLION of our taxpayer dollars, he FINALLY has figured out that all the "shovel ready" projects were ready for is to shovel bullshit on the public.

In other words, he DOESN'T have a FRICKING CLUE as to what he is doing.

Just like I said before the election. He isn't qualified to run the local 7-11.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    It's the other way around moron.

Chastened? Not likely. Burdened? Please give Conservatives this burden.

Liar! The GOP had many options for you. You either shut them out -LITERALLY- or refused to take their advice. You sir are a lying piece of crap.:mad: YOU need to work with the Congress Mr P-resident. I predict you will be obstructionist with your veto pen.
    Well go back,,,please!
    He let himself "look" too much like what he actually IS?
    The President isn't actually reading your posts you know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Obama is a lying sack of shit and anyone that believes this crap needs their heads examined. I look for not only gridlock when the Repubs take over the House but a Government shut down. The most left wing liberal President in my lifetime will not sit idly by and allow the repeal of health care and cutting the budget. The sorry ass Democrats left town to campaign for re-election without passing a budget.
    Our country is facing a crisis like never before. Some have even gone as far as to say this is the inevitable collapse of the failed system, the same sort of collapse that occurred in the Soviet Union, but ours is happening a just a short time later. Much of our collapse, like much of theirs, ironically enough, is due to our struggle with each other.

Our education system has been failing for generations, our financial system is broken, we've recently had to come to terms that this isn't really a free market economy that we live in, and it hasn't been for some time. Our economy is failing, there's more income inequality today than in a century. We've faced the trauma seeing the holes in our economic system. We've faced the trauma of seeing that we are just as vulnerable as any other nation to the real world of real violence. We're at a turning point in history, and what we have to look forward to is...

deadlock! lock up the government and let's all brace for the hard terrible crash. wonderful. maybe then the Revolution will begin......
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    The President isn't actually reading your posts you know...
    And we're not reading yours.

rm -rf obama*