Thread: Dinner Tonight?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 147
  1. #1 Dinner Tonight? 
    Mr. Snaps set up the little Weber LP grill for me last night so I made chicken kebabs (kebobs?).

    I marinated the chicken chunks with soy sauce, slivered garlic, and finely diced ginger overnight. I marinated the sweet peppers, red onion, and mushrooms in olive oil, lemon, and red pepper flakes for about an hour.

    Grilled them and served them over turmeric rice.

    Nothing fancy, complicated, or expensive but very tasty all the same.

    What did you have?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member malloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    2,160
    Chicken Saltimbocca with Sage Cream Sauce, Roasted Potatoes and Sauteed Carrots & onions. Chicken turned out a little dry though.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Mr. Snaps set up the little Weber LP grill for me last night so I made chicken kebabs (kebobs?).

    I marinated the chicken chunks with soy sauce, slivered garlic, and finely diced ginger overnight. I marinated the sweet peppers, red onion, and mushrooms in olive oil, lemon, and red pepper flakes for about an hour.

    Grilled them and served them over turmeric rice.

    Nothing fancy, complicated, or expensive but very tasty all the same.

    What did you have?
    OMG!!!! Isn't LP.....Gas!?! I thouoght that is blasphemy! :D

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    OMG!!!! Isn't LP.....Gas!?! I thouoght that is blasphemy! :D
    We're a mixed marriage. Mr. Snaps doesn't use anything other than charcoal and various woods that he collects. This is fine. He makes some tasty BBQ. Even I will BBQ a turkey from time to time.

    However, my tastes in grilling extend beyond the steak, burger, and brat. I like grilled veggies and fish, kebabs, normal-sized cut-up chicken, bok choy, etc. None of that needs extended cooking times and most of it doesn't benefit from the short amount of time it smokes. It's all about the marinades, rubs, and spices.

    I get to cook "girly" food on the LP and he takes of the real BBQ. I mean, I wouldn't seriously attempt to cook ribs or brisket or anything on it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,841
    I grilled us a nice couple of Chicken Breasts tonight, they came out tasty but SLW thought they were a little stringy. :D Publix brand bird.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,900
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I grilled us a nice couple of Chicken Breasts tonight, they came out tasty but SLW thought they were a little stringy. :D Publix brand bird.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,841
    Tonight will call for some Lobster stuffed ravioli that we got at CostCo today in addition to some fresh shrimp we picked up in Publix. Yum! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,900
    Outback for supper tonight, I had prime rib and that woman had grilled lobster. Tasty!:)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I grilled us a nice couple of Chicken Breasts tonight, they came out tasty but SLW thought they were a little stringy. :D Publix brand bird.
    Boneless and skinless thighs. SLW will love you long time.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Outback for supper tonight, I had prime rib and that woman had grilled lobster. Tasty!:)
    Outback is always good!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •