Thread: Dinner Tonight?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Dinner Tonight? 
    Mr. Snaps set up the little Weber LP grill for me last night so I made chicken kebabs (kebobs?).

I marinated the chicken chunks with soy sauce, slivered garlic, and finely diced ginger overnight. I marinated the sweet peppers, red onion, and mushrooms in olive oil, lemon, and red pepper flakes for about an hour.

Grilled them and served them over turmeric rice.

Nothing fancy, complicated, or expensive but very tasty all the same.

What did you have?

Chicken Saltimbocca with Sage Cream Sauce, Roasted Potatoes and Sauteed Carrots & onions. Chicken turned out a little dry though.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Mr. Snaps set up the little Weber LP grill for me last night so I made chicken kebabs (kebobs?).

I marinated the chicken chunks with soy sauce, slivered garlic, and finely diced ginger overnight. I marinated the sweet peppers, red onion, and mushrooms in olive oil, lemon, and red pepper flakes for about an hour.

Grilled them and served them over turmeric rice.

Nothing fancy, complicated, or expensive but very tasty all the same.

What did you have?
    OMG!!!! Isn't LP.....Gas!?! I thouoght that is blasphemy! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    OMG!!!! Isn't LP.....Gas!?! I thouoght that is blasphemy! :D
    We're a mixed marriage. Mr. Snaps doesn't use anything other than charcoal and various woods that he collects. This is fine. He makes some tasty BBQ. Even I will BBQ a turkey from time to time.

However, my tastes in grilling extend beyond the steak, burger, and brat. I like grilled veggies and fish, kebabs, normal-sized cut-up chicken, bok choy, etc. None of that needs extended cooking times and most of it doesn't benefit from the short amount of time it smokes. It's all about the marinades, rubs, and spices.

I get to cook "girly" food on the LP and he takes of the real BBQ. I mean, I wouldn't seriously attempt to cook ribs or brisket or anything on it.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I grilled us a nice couple of Chicken Breasts tonight, they came out tasty but SLW thought they were a little stringy. :D Publix brand bird.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I grilled us a nice couple of Chicken Breasts tonight, they came out tasty but SLW thought they were a little stringy. :D Publix brand bird.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Tonight will call for some Lobster stuffed ravioli that we got at CostCo today in addition to some fresh shrimp we picked up in Publix. Yum! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Outback for supper tonight, I had prime rib and that woman had grilled lobster. Tasty!:)

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Boneless and skinless thighs. SLW will love you long time.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Outback for supper tonight, I had prime rib and that woman had grilled lobster. Tasty!:)
    Outback is always good!